• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    We can agree that you need to turn down the shouting and lay off the gargantuan sized font....

I'm not enough of an econ wizard to have an intelligent insight into this... but it seems to me that the only thing that backs up the "full faith and credit" in ANY case - is future tax revenues... Changing the whole monetary system is hard. Eradicating tax and spend Congress-critters is easier, in my humble opinion....

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    And once we get the "tax and spend" leaders out of our country, and these banks start losing their profits and the lifestyles they have come accustomed to living, they will move on to us, or bribe the hell out of the new class of leaders we elect. It happens every time.

We must go to the root of the problem. If there is no one to tempt our leaders, our leaders cannot be tempted. These dynasties need to be wiped away, permanently. We've fought them off 6 times and they keep coming back. It's going to take more than a loud "Go away!".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    And once we get the "tax and spend" leaders out of our country, and these banks start losing their profits and the lifestyles they have come accustomed to living, they will move on to us, or bribe the hell out of the new class of leaders we elect. It happens every time.

We must go to the root of the problem. If there is no one to tempt our leaders, our leaders cannot be tempted. These dynasties need to be wiped away, permanently. We've fought them off 6 times and they keep coming back. It's going to take more than a loud "Go away!".

Perhaps we should name the Heads of the Biggest banks in America??? Location? And start some movement to rid this Nation of those scumbags.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I'm not so quick to buy into this... don't know what is bugging me about this presentation - but something doesn't ring right.

lashicoN - the argument about "If there is no one to tempt our leaders" is a non-starter. There is ALWAYS someone/something to tempt our leaders. We need leaders that don't bend to temptation.

On a side note... has anyone else noticed that the guy in this video resembles Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons? :D

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I'm not so quick to buy into this... don't know what is bugging me about this presentation - but something doesn't ring right.

I know what you mean. I felt like that a few times throughout the film. I can place my finger on it either. Perhaps it's just that we've been brainwashed to believe our currency has to be backed by gold for it to be worth anything.

I feel that way anytime someone is suggesting we give the government more power, but these people literally have the power to cause civil wars, economic collapses, homelessness, starvation, and the will to assassinate our leaders when they try to put a stop to their ruse. They have just as much power as our government, but more importantly, they use their power only for evil. Our government may seem evil, but I believe it is mostly just stupid. These people are plain monsters. :ar15:

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    So, what happened in the later 19th century when the US government "pulled back" the greenbacks out of circulation? He just glosses over that fact. You can't put a fox in charge of the hen house. You have to have money be worth something. If not gold, what about a bushel of wheat? Or corn? Oh, then we would be slaves to Monsanto...

Quite a few people disagreed with my point but the fact is, you can't have bankers or government in charge of the money supply. Sure, almost all of us can't mine gold but they can't make gold either. Sure they can contract the money supply and pull gold out of the market. But if you are a saver and you have gold, under ordinary circumstances they can't take it from you any easier than they can make your fiat currency worthless. Two words that will make you think twice about putting the money supply in the hands of the government- Wiemar Republic.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Thanks for that LT... I agree. I think I put my finger on what was bugging me about this...

Whenever I hear people say: It's ALL the fault of THOSE EVIL [bankers, lawyers, ethnic group of choice,whatever]... they, in the end, are proven to be wrong. And they are usually demagogues... with their own self interested agenda.

Life is full of simple, straightforward, easily defined, WRONG explanations of what is causing all of our problems. Reailty, on the other hand , is usually much more complex, and there is plenty of blame to go around.

What is far more important than WHO controls the money supply is what WE THE PEOPLE allow them to do (or don't allow them to do). Even in this video, count how many times the people revolted at the ballot box and things changed! Amazing!

Again - don't fall for the head fake here. Consider this - who has caused more problems? Even if we take the video at face value? "Evil" bankers? or "Dumbass" congress-critters?

Solve the problem at the ballot box. The system is DESIGNED for a revolution at the ballot box every few years. It's a good thing...

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Quite a few people disagreed with my point but the fact is, you can't have bankers or government in charge of the money supply. Two words that will make you think twice about putting the money supply in the hands of the government- Wiemar Republic.

LOL Bankers (Federal Reserve) is already in charge of our money supply. Here are two more words that will make you think about putting money supply in the hands of the government - American Colonies.

Again - don't fall for the head fake here. Consider this - who has caused more problems? Even if we take the video at face value? "Evil" bankers? or "Dumbass" congress-critters?

Solve the problem at the ballot box. The system is DESIGNED for a revolution at the ballot box every few years. It's a good thing...

Evil bankers. And you can't vote them out of power.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What about Nebraska though? They are using this system and seem to be doing great according to the video.

No that's just a lie by the "Congress critters" who want you to think the "evil bankers" are the problem. The whole thing was set up. Nebraska is getting tons of Obama's money to keep quiet about the secret program and pretend like their state has a huge surplus.

Has no one heard of the golden rule? Those who have the gold, make the rules. I don't see how someone can deny when the leader of a bank says "If you don't do what I want I will cause a depression." Then the people didn't do what he wanted and a depression occurred. That's all just coincidence though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    In the video, we hear several Founding Fathers rail against The Bank.

Sad fact is, I HAVE NO PERSONAL POWER OVER THOSE BANKERS, but they obviously have more power than I do over my own Government = Not good.

I am incredibly surprised to see anyone defending the Banks, especially after the disgusting bailouts, scams etc that surrounds them.

Sorry, but I disdain with a passion someone, anyone who attempts to interfere with anyone peoples choice of Self-determination, especially when it's the Elitist making the call.

Someone explain to me, how you can support the Bank, when in the video, they clearly show you how monsterous these people were, by THEY'RE OWN WORDS.

The People must, and ought to control they're own currency.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    No that's just a lie by the "Congress critters" who want you to think the "evil bankers" are the problem. The whole thing was set up. Nebraska is getting tons of Obama's money to keep quiet about the secret program and pretend like their state has a huge surplus.

Has no one heard of the golden rule? Those who have the gold, make the rules. I don't see how someone can deny when the leader of a bank says "If you don't do what I want I will cause a depression." Then the people didn't do what he wanted and a depression occurred. That's all just coincidence though.
    You mean that guy talking is just a critter?:):

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    <quoting NHV>
    Sad fact is, I HAVE NO PERSONAL POWER OVER THOSE BANKERS, but they obviously have more power than I do over my own Government = Not good.

I am incredibly surprised to see anyone defending the Banks, especially after the disgusting bailouts, scams etc that surrounds them.

<end quote>

NHV - I respectfully submit that that is a pile of Iguana :poop:

Here's why:

You and I are CITIZENS. We can vote.... If they have more influence over the government than we the people do - then we, the people VOTE THEIR BUTT OUT OF OFFICE! And yes we can do that! Consider many of the examples from the film - yes it's a non-stop tug of war with the banks over influence. But the people can prevail...

And yes you DO have power over the banks... don't use them! Ask Dave Ramsey how much he cares about a bank and it's opinion of him....

Just as with a politician - a bank only has power over us IF WE CEDE IT TO THEM.

Now for your second assertion - that I am defending the banks. Abso-freakinglutely NOT! They are guilty of power grabbing big time. Of course I see that....

Please consider this - when any one side in an argument gets absolute power - it corrupts, right? Look at the last 10 years politically - solid R to solid D. And it has, for want of a better term - been terrible. The only question is "who stunk it up WORSE"... Right? So now you're saying that we should force all of the banks power into the Gubbamint's hands as well??? Hmmm... isn't that like saying that Congress and the White House just isn't working for the Democrats... we need to give them all the State houses to go along with that??

Hmmm... not only does Pelosi/Reid/Obama run GM, they run health care, they can shut down the Gulf coast with a drilling ban, and you want to hand them the Banks TOO???

Holy carp, man... please think about the ramifications of what you're asking for...

Replace big banks with smaller banks... If we had let the moral hazard play out - and shed some big banks, then your local bank would be growing like crazy. Give Congress an enema... it needs it. But please think before you go reactionary and hand EVERYTHING to the jackasses in the Beltway.

And yes you, and we all, can influence things. One vote, and one deposit/paycheck at a time.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    We, the citizens, don't have power when it comes to this. Here is how it works.

We vote corrupt politicians out of office. We replace them with good politicians. The huge dynasty banks bribe them. They take out enormous loans from the banks that filled their personal pockets with money, so that the banks stay rich and powerful. We're back to square one, vote out the corrupt politicians...see where I'm going with this?

We can get all the liposuction we want, but the real solution would be to stop eating 6 Big Macs a day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    You and I are CITIZENS. We can vote.... If they have more influence over the government than we the people do - then we, the people VOTE THEIR BUTT OUT OF OFFICE! And yes we can do that! Consider many of the examples from the film - yes it's a non-stop tug of war with the banks over influence. But the people can prevail...

How can "We" prevail, when folks want to believe "money", useless paper - already, has to be backed by Gold - GOLD THAT I CANT OWN, TOUCH etc,

And yes you DO have power over the banks... don't use them! Ask Dave Ramsey how much he cares about a bank and it's opinion of him....

Um, NOT POSSIBLE; If it was, I would already. Unfortunately, Bank accounts are a requirement to live (No survivalist nonesense). I have to have these accounts, not because I believe the Bank can handle my business better than me, but because I am somewhat forced into it, atleast when I have to deal with other 'parties'.

Just as with a politician - a bank only has power over us IF WE CEDE IT TO THEM.

It's appearant we've done more than cede power to them, but they're right to enslave us, my kids and they're kids. American Liberty = Illusion?

Now for your second assertion - that I am defending the banks. Abso-freakinglutely NOT! They are guilty of power grabbing big time. Of course I see that....

No personal attacks directed. Something's I just see as obvious monsterous, even when our Founders saw it, in they're life, is so very oddly similar to our own life experiences.

Please consider this - when any one side in an argument gets absolute power - it corrupts, right? Look at the last 10 years politically - solid R to solid D. And it has, for want of a better term - been terrible. The only question is "who stunk it up WORSE"... Right?

No. I dont need to 'ask'. America's politic's was infiltrated with left wingers who called themselves republican, and the good guys were just not powerful enough, or atleast never got into power. Red/blue = same crap.

So now you're saying that we should force all of the banks power into the Gubbamint's hands as well??? Hmmm... isn't that like saying that Congress and the White House just isn't working for the Democrats... we need to give them all the State houses to go along with that??

I dont follow. I dont really, to be quite honest and rather blunt, care to hear anymore analogies.

Hmmm... not only does Pelosi/Reid/Obama run GM, they run health care, they can shut down the Gulf coast with a drilling ban, and you want to hand them the Banks TOO???

Pelosi, Reid, Obama a majority of Dems/Repubs are NOT working in favor of the People; They all deserve to be strung up, and left hanging, and the swearing in, should only be made on Ground within clear eyesight of those traitious criminals.

I want a regular joe American, no college, no profession, no ties running America; Im sick of these career lunatic's; Who believe they dont have to answer to anyone for they're deeds.

Holy carp, man... please think about the ramifications of what you're asking for...

I want the Dynasty broken? I want a Banking system similar to North Dekota?

Replace big banks with smaller banks... If we had let the moral hazard play out - and shed some big banks, then your local bank would be growing like crazy. Give Congress an enema... it needs it. But please think before you go reactionary and hand EVERYTHING to the jackasses in the Beltway.

And yes you, and we all, can influence things. One vote, and one deposit/paycheck at a time.

Let the State handle itself, Screw Private Banks - Is this a compromise?

Let the State decide if it wants a Dynasty Bank with it's Gold backing them, vs another State who wants it's currency to be twigs - Fair enough?

And for our "jack*sses".... Let's lead a March, and physical remove them from they're office, and put them on a boat, and let them play 'illegal immigrant' in one of those South American communist nesting grounds, is this fair?

Then we elect someone like you, LashicoN, E5Ranger, SavageEagle and yes, myself (Vote NHV 2012) and turn this country around - We all can compromise and agree.

(Day dream over)

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    We, the citizens, don't have power when it comes to this. Here is how it works.

We vote corrupt politicians out of office. We replace them with good politicians. The huge dynasty banks bribe them. They take out enormous loans from the banks that filled their personal pockets with money, so that the banks stay rich and powerful. We're back to square one, vote out the corrupt politicians...see where I'm going with this?

We can get all the liposuction we want, but the real solution would be to stop eating 6 Big Macs a day.

Why do you want Nancy Pelosi and the Obama administration dictating the money supply? In your scenario its actually easier for big business to bribe pols into doing things like going to war or that they need to print and spend money on their particular pet project. Want to invade Iraq? Well, Raytheon, GE, etc.. wants too. Print some money and do it or we won't contribute to your campaign. Ooops, we just printed a trillion dollars to go to war in Iraq. What does that do the money in your wallet?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    hey NHV, care to translate your sig line for us all?

Of course Brother. The Phrase comes from this song

YouTube - E Nomine- Heilig Lyrics/Liedtext

The lyric's are

Heilig ist mein geist der in mir flie�t
    Heilig ist mein Krieg der Blut vergie�t

Heilig!

Roter Regen auf die Welt� (3x)

Heilig, ist mein Zug in Fremdes Land
    Heilig, zu erheben meine Hand
    Heilig, was mein Glaube mir befiehlt
    Heilig, weil mein Gott es von mir will

Ziehe ins gelobte Land
    Gottes Schwert in meiner Hand
    dann sind wir Heilig!
    Heilig
    ...doch Heilig ist mir nichts auf dieser Welt!

Deus (Heilig!), Fatum (Heilig!), Neo (Heilig!)

Heilig�war uns nichts auf dieser Welt

Roter Regen auf die Welt� (2x)

Heilig, ist mein Kampf in diesem Krieg
    Heilig, jedes Mittel f�r den Sieg
    und Heilig ist der Vater der mich liebt
    Heilig, all die S�nden mir vergiebt

Heilig, ruf nach dem Meer aus Blut
    Heilig, sinkt mein Haupt voll Gottes wut
    Heilig, sterben Feinde durch meinem Arm
    Heilig, spricht der Klerus seinen Wahn

Heilig ist mein Vaterland nicht mehr!

Heilig �war uns nichts auf dieser Welt

Heilig�Roter Regen auf die Welt

Heilig� (3x)

Heilig ist mein vaterland nicht mehr!

�doch Heilig war uns nichts auf dieser Welt

Heilig�Roter Regen auf die Welt

English:

Holy is my spirit, which flows in me
    Holy is my war, pouring blood

Holy!

Red rain on the earth� (3x)

Holy, is my journey into foreign land
    Holy, to raise my hand
    Holy, what my faith orders me
    Holy, because my god wants it from me

Crossing blessed land
    God�s sword in my hand
    then we are Holy!
    Holy
    �but Holy was nothing for me in this world!

God (Holy!), Fate (Holy!), New (Holy!)

Holy�was nothing for us in this world

Red rain on the earth� (2x)

Holy, is my struggle in this war
    Holy, uses everything for victory

and Holy is the father which loves me
    Holy, all the sins forgiving me

Holy, the call after the sea of blood
    Holy, sinks my head in God's fury
    Holy, enemies dying by my arm
    Holy, speaks the clergy in his madness

Holy is my homeland no more!

Holy� was nothing for us on this world

Holy�Red rain on the earth

Holy� (3x)

Holy is my homeland no more!

�but Holy was nothing for us in this world

Holy�Red rain on the earth

SongMeanings | Lyrics | E Nomine - Heilig (Holy)

The translation I have, it's "BY ANY MEANS VICTORY".

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Why do you want Nancy Pelosi and the Obama administration dictating the money supply? In your scenario its actually easier for big business to bribe pols into doing things like going to war or that they need to print and spend money on their particular pet project. Want to invade Iraq? Well, Raytheon, GE, etc.. wants too. Print some money and do it or we won't contribute to your campaign. Ooops, we just printed a trillion dollars to go to war in Iraq. What does that do the money in your wallet?

Because as bad as Pelosi and the Obama administration are, they haven't directly caused multiple depressions and assassinated people who stood up to them.

The scenario you described is exactly how it's set up now, instead of them printing the money, they take out another deeper loan from the people who print the money. It just puts us further in debt. What does that do to the money in your wallet? The same thing that happens when we print it ourselves, instead we don't have to use that money to pay huge taxes which in turn pay huge interest rates from the huge loans we took out.

Top Bottom