• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    This was my first attempt at using duracoat on one of my rifles. All and all it came out great, though i admit it came out a little thin in some areas, but thats my fault.

102_0077.jpg
    [/IMG]

102_0075.jpg

102_0076.jpg

102_0078.jpg

I had fun, its no purists rifle, but I like it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I didn't like how shinny the barrel was, and i have seen some corroded SKS barrels. I have been wanting to put a flat black finish on it for a long time, oh and the most important reason i did it...I was bored. But now that it is done, I do like it more, definitely corrosion resistant now.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Nice work.. I hope you wore a mask.. That stuff is nasty...

So did you seal it? Are you going to wait the 3 weeks for it to fully cure before firing it??

It will unfortunatly be every bit of 3 weeks before i will fire it. of course if the zombies or commies invade it will prolly be sooner.

fordmech_2000

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    nice! i think the sks is often overlooked as a great weapon but anyone who has owned one knows the aftermarket world has alot of things to make it as good and sometimes better than an AK

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    How did you get that magazine to work? Mine always jam

The magazines are easy, if you have a Norinco, the mags should fit right in. My uncle had a russian, that one was a pain in the arse. I had to do a little bit of filing on his to get it to fit in. if you need specifics or pictures i would be happy to show you.

Or do you mean the rounds are jamming in the magazine? Be sure you get good Tapco Magazines, all the other sks Mags are not work the steel they are stamped from

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    nice! i think the sks is often overlooked as a great weapon but anyone who has owned one knows the aftermarket world has alot of things to make it as good and sometimes better than an AK

What do you mean as good and sometimes better. The SKS is already better than an AK, lol. :rockwoot:

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    Not trying to take this in a different direction but how well does that Scout scope work with rifle. Does it stay dialed? I have been debating the whole scope on a SKS for a while now. If I do I will probably lean towards a Choate for the stability but I like the looks of a scout. Currently I am shooting through a T200 and a smaller sight post and it works pretty well.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Not trying to take this in a different direction but how well does that Scout scope work with rifle. Does it stay dialed? I have been debating the whole scope on a SKS for a while now. If I do I will probably lean towards a Choate for the stability but I like the looks of a scout. Currently I am shooting through a T200 and a smaller sight post and it works pretty well.

That is a bushnell red dot, its great, keeps its zero like a champ, never once had a problem with it, its been up in the scout position for prolly close to 400 rounds.

Top Bottom