Dumbest movie ever or THE dumbest movie ever?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I've seen some bad movies/sketchy premises but that takes the cake. I can deal with stupid comedies when it's just farce for laughs, I have issues when they do crap like that trying to make a statement based on the farce.

Unless at the end of the movie a bad person comes to town to do bad things to the women and they go to the guys "save us, save us" and the guys go "oh really?". I don't advocate it IRL but for a stupid movie it works as well as the rest of it.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I liked the ancient Greek version of the story better...IIRC the chicks went on the island of Lesbos after cutting their men off from the honey....I remember reading that story my sophomore year and as it got to that part I heard this music being cued up in the background....

[video=youtube;8MRfvI8Mwv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MRfvI8Mwv4[/video]

Here is the original Greek version of the story.....

Lysistrata (/laɪˈsɪstrətə/ or /ˌlɪsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, "Army Disbander") is a comedy by Aristophanes. Originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC, it is a comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes. The play is notable for being an early exposé of sexual relations in a male-dominated society.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]Additionally, its dramatic structure represents a shift from the conventions of Old Comedy, a trend typical of the author's career.[SUP][2][/SUP] It was produced in the same year as the Thesmophoriazusae, another play with a focus on gender-based issues, just two years after Athens' catastrophic defeat in the Sicilian Expedition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    This isn't a movie to entertain. It is a movie to push a agenda. They don't care if only ten people watch it as long as it convinces them that guns are bad and should be gotten rid of no mater how.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Sanctimonious, condescending, ignorant, unfunny, AND anti-gun?
    What's not to love?
    I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw someone I do like (Frau Blücher...Winny! Winny! Winny!) Cloris Leachman is in this cineturd. :(

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I liked the ancient Greek version of the story better...IIRC the chicks went on the island of Lesbos after cutting their men off from the honey....I remember reading that story my sophomore year and as it got to that part I heard this music being cued up in the background....

[video=youtube;8MRfvI8Mwv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MRfvI8Mwv4[/video]

Here is the original Greek version of the story.....

Lysistrata (/laɪˈsɪstrətə/ or /ˌlɪsəˈstrɑːtə/; Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, "Army Disbander") is a comedy by Aristophanes. Originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC, it is a comic account of one woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War. Lysistrata persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes. The play is notable for being an early exposé of sexual relations in a male-dominated society.[SUP][citation needed][/SUP]Additionally, its dramatic structure represents a shift from the conventions of Old Comedy, a trend typical of the author's career.[SUP][2][/SUP] It was produced in the same year as the Thesmophoriazusae, another play with a focus on gender-based issues, just two years after Athens' catastrophic defeat in the Sicilian Expedition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

I click on a thread about dumb movies and end up learning something about classic Greek comedies; only on INGO. A week ago or so, a thread about the song Mack the Knife led me to learn all about the original Three Penny Opera. I may end up educated on theater despite my best efforts.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    A movie ??? I thought the goal of making movies was to earn a profit. Who is watching these movies.

Sometimes, yes. Equally often the goal is to set oneself up well enough off the profitable ventures that one can make "art" or push an agenda. Many times one has to start making unprofitable films to catch the eye of those that will employ in order to make profitable films.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    If a women ever tells you that you have to choose between your gun, dog or her it's time to remind her that a good gun or dog is hard to replace but women like her are a dime a dozen. Then make sure the door does hits her in the a$$ on the way out.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    I didn't think there was a movie out there that would make me want to watch the new Point Break but this might be the one that pushes me over the edge

[video=youtube;ncvFAm4kYCo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncvFAm4kYCo[/video]

Don't waste your time.
    It was a turd

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With all of the revamped classics that Hollywood constantly releases a common question is; "Doesn't anyone have any original ideas any more?"

This is the result.
    It's not even an original idea though. Spike Lee tried this same crap last year with "Chi-raq." Apparently people thought it was a stupid idea when he did it too. With a budget of $15 million, it grossed $2.5 mil. May this film enjoy equal suck-sess.

I mean seriously, if people don't buy this nonsense in Chicago, did they really think it was going to fly in Texas?? Hollywood really shouldn't try to understand flyover country.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    "The trailer being an indicator, the women of Rockford band together and decide to withhold sex until their husbands agree to part ways with their true objects of affection — their firearms."

I suspect the movie is a remake of Spike Lee's "Chi-Raq", with a white audience in mind.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Oh, I get it. It's funny because guns are like penises and men are sex crazed beasts incapable of rational thought unless they are sexually exhausted, and women are incapable of a rational argument so have to hold men's libido hostage.....or something

Top Bottom