• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snafu21

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Just use common sense and be aware of your surroundings. I'd also suggest a holster with a retention device so it's a little more snatch protected.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have my pink LTCH permit. Is that all I need to open carry, or is there a separate permit required?

...and read the stickies at the top of this sub-forum... OCing has, for me, been a totally positive experience and a great opportunity to educate many people on Indiana gun law (and hopefully make a good impression at the same time).

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    That's all that's needed, but I suggest you read up on where you can/can't legally carry.

I hope you know there's place which are off-limits, even with your pink-slip. :shoot:

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I have my pink LTCH permit. Is that all I need to open carry, or is there a separate permit required?

The concerning thing about your question is it reveals you are not familiar with gun laws in Indiana. I'd recommend you study up before you start carrying. The big thing you need to know is places that are legally off limits.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    And remember to watch out for 5 year old girls stealing the gun right out of your holster!

But seriously, read up on the law. Don't worry about people noticing it, cuz most won't. And those that do will sometimes be cool to talk to about guns.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Guy Relford has a good "gun law" class.
    Tactical Firearms Training.
    There is a discount for INGOers.

I agree. You should take his Comprehensive Indiana Firearms Laws( or something like that, look it up) class. Guy cuts through all the BS your fellow gun owners will tell you, even here on INGO, lol.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    175$ for gun law class. WTF?? Do you even get any gun training in that class?

If you are talking about the law class, no. All classroom.

You do get some kind of discount for being on INGO. I took it a few years ago and I can't remember what I paid, but considering the ramifications of not knowing what is legal and what is not, it is worth every penny and then some. Won't take long to burn through $175 if you are involved in a situation that involves a firearm. There is a lot of opinions, ideas, thoughts and erroneous information floating around FREE that will land you in jail.

Jerry C

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Well, that's all the paperwork you need. You also need a superiority complex and a childlike need for attention.* :popcorn:

You mean like those people that go around showing off their tattoos? I guess you would say they have a superiority complex and a childlike need for attention also?

Top Bottom