• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Now we must accept that we do not have the right to travel unless we walk or ride a horse? How exactly would that work? I got me a horse and I am ready to travel, can I ride my horse on the streets, highways and interstates or across peoples property because now I need to take a more direct route?

Why would one need a license to collect those taxes that pay for those roads. They buy the car, pay taxes on said car, pay the yearly wheel tax and pay road taxes every time they fill up that car

Tell me when driving a car became a privilege and ceased being a right.
    Actually, as an alternative, you can ride a moped; take public or private transportation. Not everyone gets a car, as a present, for their 16th birthday. I'm not an expert, but I don't think that driving a truck, motorcycle or automobile has ever been a right.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Actually, as an alternative, you can ride a moped; take public or private transportation. Not everyone gets a car, as a present, for their 16th birthday. I'm not an expert, but I don't think that driving a truck, motorcycle or automobile has ever been a right.

Mopeds are not practical for long distances or safe in inclement weather. Public and private transportation are not available or affordable in most locations of the country.

Once again, the government has a monopoly on personal transportation and no other types can compete against them. Creating a monopoly on a necessity and then denying access to it is not an acceptable government practice.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Mopeds are not practical for long distances or safe in inclement weather. Public and private transportation are not available or affordable in most locations of the country.

Once again, the government has a monopoly on personal transportation and no other types can compete against them. Creating a monopoly on a necessity and then denying access to it is not an acceptable government practice.

You can cart your family around on a moped just fine, mister. Just strap the child seat to the fender. YOU HAVE NO RIGHT

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

They have not always issued drivers licenses.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A single mother, with 3 kids, needs to buy groceries. Its -40 degrees outside. The roads are covered with snow and ice. The store is 20 miles away.

Sorry lady, using 20th century technology is a privilege. You have no right to drive a vehicle with enough seats for your family, with heat, and 4 wheel drive.

Haven't you read your social contract? Ride a scooter, or maybe a skateboard. Don't act like you have no options.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    A single mother, with 3 kids, needs to buy groceries. Its -40 degrees outside. The roads are covered with snow and ice. The store is 20 miles away.

Sorry lady, using 20th century technology is a privilege. You have no right to drive a vehicle with enough seats for your family, with heat, and 4 wheel drive.

Haven't you read your social contract? Ride a scooter, or maybe a skateboard. Don't act like you have no options.

See - You do understand.
    Now that wasn't so hard, was it? :):

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Stop being such an INGOtarian. The threat of having to hike 20 miles to the store in -40 degrees through snow and ice with your three kids to purchase food does not constitute duress.

Tell that single mom to strap on her ice skates and baby bjorn and get busy.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Stop being such an INGOtarian. The threat of having to hike 20 miles to the store in -40 degrees through snow and ice with your three kids to purchase food does not constitute duress.

She can just leave the kids at home and she should have went to the store 5 days before the storm anyways, even if she didnt have the money yet.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    She can just leave the kids at home and she should have went to the store 5 days before the storm anyways, even if she didnt have the money yet.

Exactly. But some people want to go full wookie. If her kids are so hungry she needs to just fire up their jetpacks and go get it done.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Failure to plan on her part may result in hardship.

According to Wikipedia:
    As automobile-related fatalities soared in North America, public outcry provoked legislators to begin studying the French and German statutes as models.[5] On August 1, 1910, North America's first licensing law for motor vehicles went into effect in the U.S. state of New York, though it initially applied only to professional chauffeurs.[6] In July 1913, the state of New Jersey became the first to require all drivers to pass a mandatory examination before receiving a license.[7]

This was the year that the 16th and 17th amendments were ratified. It was at the time when the progressive was the thing to be among many and the progressive error began in earnest. All of us (I would imagine) cannot fathom a time when somebody could simply buy a car and drive it without approval by the state. It's for the public's safety, after all.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    The drunk drivers I see are usually just plain nasty. My luck they have usually urinated on themselves or worse. They smell like they have taken a bath in beer and can't put two sentences together without telling me they only had two drinks. During their field tests they fall down and can't understand simple requests. What I am getting at is that deep down when they leave that bar or party deep down they realize that there is a chance that they might get caught, have a wreck or hurt someone. I have very little sympathy.

Top Bottom