• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Let me just say, when I purchased my new computer system late last year I elected to get the multiple monitor package. I can't tell you how much I love having more than one monitor. I could never go back to just one. Just can't do it.

If you do not have one.... GET ONE!. You won't regret it.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Back when I was lobbying for a second screen I came across a study that suggested adding a second display results in a 30% increase in productivity. :yesway: I'll never go back.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Twin apple 27"... I don't know I could go back to working on one anymore. To convenient to be able to have everything you need (and im a sysadmin, so thats a lot) up at once, no need to hunt for windows :D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Mine is nothing spectacular, but I like it. I have one 22" in the middle with a small 12" to the right and a 13" TV screen to the left. I also have a TV card in the computer. I can surf INGO and watch two TV shows at the same time...not that I could ever process that all at once anyway.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I tried to drink two beers at the same time last weekend....I kept hitting myself in the face with the one in my left hand, I don't think two monitors would be a good idea for me.:(

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    The only time I use multiple monitors is when I'm running a projector from my computer to watch a movie. Other than that I've tried using more than one and always went back to one due to the fact that I hardly ever use the second monitor, and that it takes up that much more space.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yep! Dual monitors FTW! :rockwoot:

I do a lot of programming and design. The ability to have a screen for work and a screen for reference is really nice. I'm thinking about taking down the paintings and hooking up a 42inch flat screen as well. I watch all my tv on the internet anyhow.

Here is my setup.

setup.jpg

Built the tower computer myself... and those speakers are hooked up to my 600watt kenwood surround sound system.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Yeah, it's pretty cool. I had a dual monitor vid card in my old XP system. I've heard of trouble with vista, not heard anything + or - about it with win7. Ubuntus newest release 10.10 is set up to run as many monitors as you can plug in....I run my TV through a slingbox(why pay for cable) hooked to my PC and use the smaller monitor to surf and read here while watching TV or netflix on the big one....

Top Bottom