• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Yeah I don't get the extra milling on the deflector. It certainly doesn't "enhance" it for me. Can't be that much of a weight savings if that's the reasoning for doing so.

swsws1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    FW
    I wasnt really looking at it for weight savings. I just wanted somwthing a little different for a new build and its really not priced much different than a standard stripped upper

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I wasnt really looking at it for weight savings. I just wanted somwthing a little different for a new build and its really not priced much different than a standard stripped upper
    And that's perfectly fine if you like it. My post was predicated more on looks than weight savings as well.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    Not a big fan of not having the forward assist. Granted ive only ever used mine ONCE and for $150 it just doesnt appeal to me. Thanks though good looking out!

Nothing wrong with not having forward assist. But an AR15 you are going to trust your life with 100% has to have one.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nothing wrong with not having forward assist. But an AR15 you are going to trust your life with 100% has to have one.
    Not necessarily the case. At least one expert (Clint Smith) says that you may do more harm than good forcing a round that won't chamber into battery with a forward assist. He recommends using malfunction clearing protocols instead. His motto is "Never trust a forward assist"

Last edited:

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    You guys can risk it, but I'm telling you that AR15s absolutely need forward assists. On new guns, that are clean, and well lubricated, in perfect conditions it's not needed. But used M4s on the range frequently need it to get into battery. And they aren't evening being abused or fired a ton or in dirt. They are just being normally used, with moderate amount of dirt on them, with good ammo even. Before I was in the military I didn't think it was needed either, or expensive optics or stuff that can be drug behind a truck and still work, but trust me, it's 100% needed. I was horrified as to how bad the rifles in basic were. All beat up etc. I chalked it up to "its basic and they are abused" then I got into a real unit and their M4s looked just as bad. Having a weapon on you 24/7 is a pita and you don't give a **** about it. Even if you like guns you don't end up caring, you just want to know its there and clean/operational.

Top Bottom