drug testing welfare recipients violates 4th Amendment???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    So what happens to the millions of suddenly homeless and starving people ending welfare would create? You going to hire them?

I simply do not care anymore, why should I? They are a drain on society. They can get a job at McDonalds, sell their SUVS, Iphones, Xbox, get rid of cable, eat lots of rice, quit smoking and drinking, etc.... The list goes on and on and on

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    I simply do not care anymore, why should I? They are a drain on society. They can get a job at McDonalds, sell their SUVS, Iphones, Xbox, get rid of cable, eat lots of rice, quit smoking and drinking, etc.... The list goes on and on and on

History suggests that, while you may not care, when they get hungry enough you will start caring what they do.

I know, I know, we all have glocks and ammo boxes and we are all quick draw artists and have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND

When the Winter Farmer's market is going on at the City Market in downtown Indy, welfare recipients can spend $1 EBT to receive a wooden token worth $2 at any vendor's table. It is a program partly funded by IN department of Agriculture and partly by private donations.

In the grand spirit of INGO, I'm OK with it because they give me a $5 voucher for riding my bike there.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

Of course you don't care, it doesn't affect you beyond taxes taken out of your pay.

jh1978

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Valparaiso, IN
    On the surface it would seem like a great idea to try and keep junkies and degenerates from leeching off "the system". Look a little deeper and it's painfully obvious that it's a horrible idea. The very last thing any American citizen should be asking for is *MORE* government regulation and bureaucracy. It's just a way to waste our tax dollars to address a problem caused by another problem. Welfare is a band-aid solution to a very deep-seeded problem. Sure there are folks who genuinely need assistance, and these folks rank in a very small MINORITY. The whole program needs to be revamped from the top down. However, it seems like the whole program has gotten so bloated that it might be near impossible. Not to mention political suicide for whomever was up to the task.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    On the surface it would seem like a great idea to try and keep junkies and degenerates from leeching off "the system". Look a little deeper and it's painfully obvious that it's a horrible idea. The very last thing any American citizen should be asking for is *MORE* government regulation and bureaucracy. It's just a way to waste our tax dollars to address a problem caused by another problem. Welfare is a band-aid solution to a very deep-seeded problem. Sure there are folks who genuinely need assistance, and these folks rank in a very small MINORITY. The whole program needs to be revamped from the top down. However, it seems like the whole program has gotten so bloated that it might be near impossible. Not to mention political suicide for whomever was up to the task.
    While I agree with this most of the time, in this instance it really doesn't apply IMO. If you don't have strict guidelines and regulations on this kind of stuff, then it becomes a free for all.
    If we taxpayers are giving free money out to those who say they can't work or whatever, then we should be able to hold them accountable to as how they are using the funds. If they are doing things right, then they shouldn't have a problem letting someone drug test them or whatever it may be. :twocents:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    This is one of those things that looks great in an email from your aunt titled "FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: FW: Aint this the truth!???!?!?!?!!",

but just looks silly in practice.

poberly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 25, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have a distant relative who's girlfriends mother asked him to get her daughter (his girlfriend) pregnant. The reason was because then she would get more money from welfare. There is a problem with a system when people look at a system as a way of life rather then a temporary bandaid to get someone on their feet. The system needs a total make over or to be removed all together.

Top Bottom