• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well they have another show in Columbus OH, but we already paid for our tickets :/

if I weren't on a phone typing this, I'd quote some of the earlier great posts :P

yeah I'll throw caution to the wind and bring my folding knife instead. Actually considered getting a motel for a second, but staying any longer than I have to is unappealing.

Going to Park West. Hoping the drive isn't too bad... Chicagos in a pretty crappy situation right now with finances and crime, so I hear =/

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    No concert is worth a trip to Chicago.

+1. My first fiance whom I am still really good friends with now lives in Chitcago. It would be easier for me to go see her than her come see me. So far I have refused to go there. She is pregnant with her third child and I will probably end up driving there when the baby is born.

But a concert. No way.

TripleL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    The Rockies
    Going to Park West. Hoping the drive isn't too bad...

That's north of downtown Chicago and a good four-hour drive from Greenwood...if you know where you're going! Saturday traffic though or near downtown Chicago is not as bad as, say a Friday evening rush hour, but it's still bad because of...you know, out-of-town tourists. :D

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    You'll be okay dude. Chicago isn't that bad. You won't get mugged as you enter city limits. You might even like it. And you will definetly appreciate the female situation. But, in the great words of Ben Affleck in the film Boilermakers "Act as if". do that, and you will be fine

And, also remember they may do a wand on you as you enter, so it may not be great to take a knife.

And, I would have to respectfully disagree with Ramen. I say George Thorogood w/Eddie Wolf and the Wolfgang Band (opening act) in an SRO concert at the House of Blues a few years ago. It was by far the best concert I have ever been too.

(NSFW due to language)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTFU9c9MrkE"]YouTube - Act as if[/ame]

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I will be headed seven miles into Illinois this weekend myself for a family occasion. I will be locking gun in trunk appropriately before passing border. As for Chicago-wouldn't go there if you paid me. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom