• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously the OP has never driven in Michigan--particularly Detroit. HA! EVERYONE thinks they own that passing lane. Don't even get me started on the herd mentality of drivers up there. Brake tapping, spreading out across all 3 lanes when the light turns yellow, etc, etc.

Couple of observations/aggravations here:

One--after passing someone, I move to the right lane, it's what should be done. What REALLY gets me is when someone is passing me on the interstate and we are both coming up on someone in the right lane who is going slower than us. Invariably this Dweeb in the passing lane slows down and matches my speed causing me to hit my brakes thus turning off the cruise control. THEN, the 3 cars behind me jump into the passing lane and I have to wait not only for Mr/Mrs dweeb to pass, but the 3 cars behind Mr/Mrs Dweeb to go around me. If it's a semi we are passing, this can go on for 5+ miles while everyone is stacked up behind Mr/Mrs Dweeb--who is most likely jawing on the cell phone and totally clueless as to what is going on around them. PICK A SPEED MAN!!!

Two: I'm currently in the left lane in the process of passing/overtaking someone in the right hand lane. The person operating the car next to me--whom I will call Mr/Mrs Dweeb #2--sees the front end of my car in his/her peripheral view, looks down and realizes "Hey, I'm driving too slow" and speeds up to match my speed. Next thing you know, we are side by side down the interstate. ARGGGGGG!!!

And three (for now): Do I pass in the right lane from time to time? Yes! Lead, follow, or get the heck out of the way.

Thank you, thankyouverymuch! :ranton:

Ever notice that once you get clear of the dweebs and stretch out some distance you can resume your standard speed and they fall away out of your mirrors. People are not aware of anything past the end of the hood. Be careful, be aware, people suck most everywhere.
    Be safe out there. Get home in one piece.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ever notice that once you get clear of the dweebs and stretch out some distance you can resume your standard speed and they fall away out of your mirrors. People are not aware of anything past the end of the hood. Be careful, be aware, people suck most everywhere.
    Be safe out there. Get home in one piece.

Why yes, I did! Love it when that happens. Trust me, I'm not a crazy driver, I just drive with a purpose and that purpose is to get where I'm going and get busy with what I need to do. :D

Top Bottom