• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    So last night I had a really weird, long, and convoluted dream, the majority of which I don't clearly remember. But upon waking up it left me with two questions.

First, does anyone else have long, vivid dreams that they remember even in adulthood, or is that primarily a childhood thing? I remember when I was little I had long (mostly weird, sometimes interesting, occasionally awful) dreams almost every night, and I asked my Dad if he had dreams very often, and he said that he did when he was little, but then he grew out of it and in adulthood very rarely remembered having dreams at all.

For me, this doesn't seem to have happened. I don't have dreams as often I did when I was a child, but I will still have them fairly often, and they can be quite complex. For instance, the dream I had last night was a long, convoluted one where I was a member of a resistance movement against a rather vague enemy that seemed to change back and forth (as things often do in my dreams) between being Martian invaders who had conquered Earth, and being some type of NWO-style totalitarian regime. Apparently the dream started after I had been on some sort of spy mission and was trying to get back to my comrades without being captured and killed. My friend and I had some kind of improved machetes we had made from broken-off tiller tines that I had put an edge on with a grinding wheel. Then at some point in the dream I managed to upgrade by scavenging a firearm, and despite most everything else in the dream beings somewhat hazy in my memory, this is one thing I remember clearly, and it is that the gun was a lever-action carbine chambered in 9mm luger. I remember thinking to myself in the dream what a weird firearm it was, and that I had never seen one like it. It looked just like your typical lever-action gun (kind of like a Henry big boy) that you typically expect to be chambered in 44 Magnum or some such round, just it was chambered in 9mm. Upon waking up I was immediately left wondering if such a thing has ever been made? (I haven't googled it yet; I'm sure I could easily get the answer that way, but I thought it'd be more fun to share how the question came to me here first. Although if you've read this whole post so far you're probably already thinking I'm crazier than a March hare, lol.)

TLDR; I have weird dreams a lot and am wondering if this is normal? Also in my dream I saw a 9mm lever-action carbine, and I'm wondering if such a thing exists in real life?

Last edited:

Zig'sbird

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have some very vivid dreams that I remember fully as soon as I wake up. However, by noon I can only remember an outline of it. 2 weeks later I know I has a weird dream but can not remember what it was about.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I hear you OP. I still have them on occasion. I had one the other night.

I was sleeping in my bedroom of the house I grew up in. I heard a commotion outside and looked out the window. A bunch of urban yutes were running into our country house. A few busted down my door and opened fire.

I curled up into my pillow knowing I was dead. After a few mag dumps, they took off and ran away. I picked up my pillow and blankets, both shredded by the shots. I started digging the bullets out and examining them. Ball, HST, Gold Dot all in .45. They were hit to the touch.

I wondered how my pillow and blankets stopped them. I also wondered how they missed me as I was unscathed. Then I woke up.

Guess I've been watching too much ASP and shooting channels on YouTube.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    My dreams are bizarre. Sometimes they are like a horror movie. Other times, just weird random things. I dream a lot about old houses, some that are known to me in real life and some not. Sometimes friends and family members are in the dreams, but their ages are all messed up. Some are alive, some long gone. I dream about being late for work a lot, like hours late...lol.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I have a recurring dream.

The particulars change, but the theme is consistent.

I am being pursued by a thug of some sort. Once I have had enough of being chased by it, I turn and beat the ever living hell out of it until nothing remains but a bloody pulp.

I usually wake up after that and have a good breakfast.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I normally have pretty vivid dreams, I recall one that really bothered me, I was in my mid-twenties it was about coming up to a semi wreck but the truck was hauling horses, I don’t recall any dead horses but they were all standing in the grass near the interstate, one for some odd reason could talk :dunno: And it kept saying “I’m blind, oh God I’m blind!” Very panicked and scared, I woke up feeling very disturbed and almost panicked by it. Another I remember very well was a few years ago, I met a woman at her work because I had a delivery there, a couple days later I had a delivery at her house that she was remodeling, we had talked for a few minutes the first time we met and carried on a conversation very easily. The next time she showed me around her place for what must have been a couple hours and then I was showing her my truck. She’s sitting in the drivers seat playing like she’s driving and I end up kissing her, then I say what the hell am I doing I’m married! I woke up from that one feeling pretty heart broke, in fact I felt that way for a couple days! I never mentioned that one to the wife!

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    One somewhat recurring dream is not having the right number of classes or credits to get my degree, or not being able to understand the class schedule or even find the class. The fear of not getting through college must have been deep to still recall this subconsciously in many dreams over 30 years later. In a dream I often am able to see and somewhat interact with people in my family, whether they're living or not. I really miss seeing them alive. Many times my children are much younger in the dream, probably an impact long ago of being busy as a single divorced father. If I mention a name or see a person I've not seen in awhile, they will often be in a dream within a few days. Never written things down but might be interesting as there's many more I recall in the night or morning.

Lpherr

In a blue bubble
    I have a recurring dream.

The particulars change, but the theme is consistent.

I am being pursued by an thug incompetent POS FJB Brandon of some sort. Once I have had enough of being chased by it, I turn and beat the ever living hell out of it until nothing remains but a bloody pulp.

I usually wake up after that and have a good breakfast.
    FIFY

Top Bottom