• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    So im bored right now yeah! I though I would do a review on my last snack "Dreamies". If you havent seen them, Dreamies are the knock off's of Twinkies. Recently my supply of hoarded twinkies ran out :( (fortunately I still have some ding dongs and cupcakes left though ;) ).

So your probably saying right now "Scott, are Dreamies just tasty clones of Twinkies?" The short answer is no. They are not sugary enough and the flavor is consequently muted in comparison to the original Twinkie.

"Well then, how about that legendary shelf life we have all come to accept with the original twinkie?" Sadly, I have my doubts. The Dreamie brand tends to fall apart too easy and almost feels a bit greasy. My guess is they would spoil long before the impervious Twinkie would.

Despite all this negativity, Dreamies do have one thing going for the*********,, they ARE available. And while they pale in comparison to the Titan of snack foods , the twinkie, they still retain an acceptable flavor and are indeed satisfying.

I give Dreamies a B-*********,, but only just.

Thank you for you time,

Scott D. ****** Expert in the cream filled pastries.

Twinkies.jpg

OneEye

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Nashville, IN
    Im sorry but everything that comes from the company that makes those gets a big ol' fat "F" in my book. They do not hold a candle to the original and they stuff that comes from them is always chalky and dry.

On another note I still have two boxes of the golden awesomness that is the original " twinkie". So im set for awhile, and no I am not telling anyone who my supplier is... lol

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I was never a Twinkies fan.
    They cake left a funky aftertaste.
    Ding Dongs were the best, esp if put in the freezer.

But we got some Dreamies in the vending machines at work and a bud said they were BETTER than Twinkies.

I did not think it would be tough to top them.

IMHO they were better, considerably so.

Twinkies...............once a yr or two, because I wondered if they ever made any good ones.

Dreamies............I could eat those every other day.

Maybe my palate is a bit different, I don't like Budweiser, prefer Double Crooked Tree IPA or Gnawbone.

Last edited:

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    I tried the Dreamies myself the other day was not impressed in my opinion they are a inferior product to the twinkie. Maybe it is a sentimental thing though with the mighty twinkie gone.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    The Little Debbie Cloud Cakes aren't bad...

I still have about 6 original twinkies in the freezer... we never eat them, my uses them occasionally when baking a special project cake or something...

Top Bottom