• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Guitar picks work in that capacity, too...

IMG_2678.jpg

Very true.

Side note, are those the new grips you got? the Airforce ones I believe?

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Had a few different ones between then and now.
    Got an email from the guy doing my current custom pair... they are in tung oil now and will be finished/shipped soon. :)

You have some really nice guns and grips I must say! I get to pick up my Ultra Carry tonight from AllenM with my new two tone combo Im to giddy to be at work!

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I have 3 1911s and they all have slight "idiot marks" on them. Cleaned at the range and reassembled a little to hastily. They don't bother me a bit.

One of them is a Stainless Raptor that I use for a SD carry peice so the grips have the odd nick as well. Still the best shooting handgun I own and I would trust my life to it.

One thing I have routinely replaced on my Kimbers is the Mainspring Housing which has been made of low grade plastic in the past. I just don't like the plastic parts in that location and there are lots of options available in metal from Kimber, Brownell's, Midway, etc.

Have fun breaking it in and don't forget to replace the mainspring after the 800-1000 rounds. It does make a difference.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You need to get some Dunlop guitar picks.

:D It's my day to pick on you.
    Very punny. :D
    Every time I go into the music shop up in Shipshewana, I buy a handful of them. They keep disappearing. I guess that wouldn't happen if I stopped giving them away. :D

I have 3 1911s and they all have slight "idiot marks" on them. Cleaned at the range and reassembled a little to hastily. They don't bother me a bit.
    To each their own.
    I paid a lot for what I have and I view them as investments. Personally, I want to care for them to the best of my ability. I realize sometimes stuff happens, but I'm endeavoring to keep them as nice as I can. Not everyone is inclined to make that effort...and that's fine. It's their property. :)

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Every time I go into the music shop up in Shipshewana, I buy a handful of them. They keep disappearing. I guess that wouldn't happen if I stopped giving them away. :D

To each their own.
    I paid a lot for what I have and I view them as investments. Personally, I want to care for them to the best of my ability. I realize sometimes stuff happens, but I'm endeavoring to keep them as nice as I can. Not everyone is inclined to make that effort...and that's fine. It's their property. :)

No monkey marks either? :D

Hdfb03

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN

Whoa, you are from near Shipshewana? I was born and raised in Middlebury! I didnt think that anyone knew about those small towns up there haha.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Whoa, you are from near Shipshewana? I was born and raised in Middlebury! I didnt think that anyone knew about those small towns up there haha.
    I used to live near, but now it's a little bit of a hike... I still try to get up there often, though! Sometimes I just get jonesin' for a JoJo's Pretzel.
    Not a better one on the planet. :rockwoot: :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Got a Kimber Pro Carry today.. I can't wait to get to shoot it!
    This is my first 1911 and I think starting out with a high end one was a great idea.

picture.php

Welcome to the Dark Side...we have cookies that you can either enjoy with a nice glass of milk, or use as bait on the range to lure gnats in so you can shoot single hairs off of their nuts, taking advantage of your Kimber's inherent accuracy! :D :cool: :D

Nice choice!

Me, too! (The stainless one)...
    Mr.Jet said that was the day I turned evil because it was on 6/6/06. LOL :D
    Evil 1911s :rockwoot:

Indeed. Surely dark forces were at work, guiding Saint J.M. Browning's hand in designing *The* Combat Handgun, perfected.

I wonder who was helping him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62Qfbrc1jdo

??!?? :dunno: ;) :dunno:

"Woe to you Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends The Beast with Wrath, because He knows the time is short... Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of my posts: for it is the number of a man who should be doing something more productive right now...
    ...And its number is Six hundred and Sixty Six."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsmcDLDw9iw :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

10mm Snack Pack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    New Castle
    What a beautiful 1911! Congrats and great taste. My first 1911 was a colt delta elite 10mm. Had the 1911 bug every since. Kimbers are great guns. I have a kimber stainless target II in a 10mm. All kimbers I've ever shot, shoot great. Have fun with it. It will last a life time.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just to clarify, i'm a 1911 virgin, what is the "Idiot mark" i hear so much about? Have pics? and how to prevent it from happening? Any info would be rewarded with REP!! LOL ;)

It's the mark left under the slide stop if you are ham handed in reassembly that idiots complain about. I think that's why they call it an idiot mark :whistle:

BTW, congrats on the gun!

Top Bottom