• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I am looking for more info on this gun, where can I buy one? I personally have never seen one what is the going price on it, was watching the damned Military channel last night and they had the Spetsnaz and this gun was featured looked nice! :ar15:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Honest to God SVD Dragunovs are 5 figures if I recall correctly.

There are LOT of people misrepresenting Romanian PSL's and Russian Tigers as Dragunovs. The Tiger is as close as you'll get - it's version made into a "sporting configuration" that has several noticeable differences and even those I've seen asking prices anywhere between 2 and 4K depending on whether and SVD conversion work was done.

The PSL you can get for around $600, but the PSL is NOT an SVD. It's similar, it's fun, but an SVD it's not. Again... memory is fuzzy on the price, but that's what I recalled from a couple months ago.

Here is THE perfect place to do a little more digging on your own:

Dragunov dot net - Dragunov and PSL Sniper Rifle Information

inFALable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Hamilton Co.
    The rifles Centerfire has aren't Dragunov's. Its easy to tell a Dragunov/Tiger from the scaled up AK's by looking at how far the mag sits from the trigger guard. There is a gap on Dragunovs.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Also if I remember right from the Centerfire ad, that didn't include the scope.

....yep... looking at the flyer now and it's 469.99 for a PSL. If you buy the scope with the gun, tack on 99.99.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I called and ordered a PSL this morning from Centerfiresystems and they had reduced them to $449.99 granted it does not have a scope but I already have a russian 4x illuminated scope that will be going on it. I thought that was pretty cheap $450.00! hell the same gun is on gun broker for $900-$1200
    nuts. I paid right about $500 out the door and that is including the FFL transfer!

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Outstanding! At those prices I almost want one now... except I've been sinking a small fortune into my Saiga over time LOL

Hey if you ever get the urge for new "furniture" later on down the road, allow me to pass along a couple of names I ran across during my Saiga searches:

http://ironwooddesigns.com/
    PSL furniture in custom wood types (alslo AK's and Saigas). They may also be able to make a longer buttstock - can't remember for sure.

And this one:
    Rhineland Arms
    Dragunov-inspired furniture for the PSL in maple or walnut. Buttstock as-is extends the draw length a couple of inches and has an adjustable cheek piece. This is what I'm currently adapting into my Saiga (with a lot of work), but it will drop right on to a PSL.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    Yeah I am most likely gonna buy a different stock I am long and lanky (6'8) and I equip all my guns with the longest stock I can get! I saw the black composite adjustable but It just does not look right on the weapon, It must be a wood stock on that weapon!:D

flyinlow78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    21st Century had a Romanian for sale, I believe they were asking $800 with a scope. I thought that was a little high, as I have seen them in the $600 range, although I've also seen them for over $800, so I don't know what a good price is. Theirs included a scope.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    No It does not I already had a scope to fit it, It would be **** to get one of those russian night vision scopes! If I did not have the scope I have I would have went that route plus I think the scope that normally comes on the PSL is not illuminated, I may be wrong but I never see the switch on the scopes
    Thanks for those links boozoo.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    If you have a dealer that can look up and order stuff from Century, they will sell the PSL plus scope for $600 (to an 01 FFL). Notice they also misrepresent it as a Dragunov. ;)

PSL 54C Semi-Auto Rifle, Cal. 7.62x54R
    One of the most famous sniper rifles ever made, the Dragunov is just packed with features. From the sleek skeleton stock to the tip of the muzzle brake, these powerful rifles from the Cold War days just scream accuracy! The 4 groove barrel has a 1:10 twist. Comes with a scope, mount and two 10 rd. mags. Made from original PSL rifles. Barrel: 26.5”, Overall: 46”, Weight: 10 lbs. Condition: New w/ Cracked Stock. *Not available for sale in NJ, MA, NY, CA, CT or where prohibited by law.

Edited because I forgot to mention that if Centerfire will sell the PSL for $450, and you tack on the scope they advetised for $99 (if you buy it with the rifle), then you're still doing better than the Century price, although it looks like Century might come with one additional magazine.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom