• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    I am looking to buy one of these draco pistols and eventually sbr'n it if I get any decent reviews. Has anyone got one of these buggers? Did you convert it? How long does it take to get the tax stamp done from begining to end? Any info on this would be great. I am new to the assault rifle/sbr world. I need an understanding me how this all works. Thanks!

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I have one, and it's a blast to shoot even if it's a bit impractical. The addition of the Ultimak rail (requires cutting and dremmeling, etc.) and a red dot makes it more useful, but it's not as concealable as a pistol (duh!), or as accurate as a rifle with a stock (duh! again). Exceptionally easy to "bump fire" when you have more ammo than sense, and they're cheap enough to hack on without raiding your 401(k).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/75161-bought_a_draco.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/85778-draco_ak_bho_project_pic_heavy.html

Draco Pistols and the Ultimak Rail - AR15.COM

Re-read the OP and noticed the SBR interest... look here: AK Pistols - AR15.COM

Last edited:

45pro

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Plymouth
    Is it really worth it then? It would be like 300 just to put a stock on it. Does the stock make that much of difference? 300 would get a good amount of ammo! How much is the 7.62x39 going for right now?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Is it really worth it then? It would be like 300 just to put a stock on it. Does the stock make that much of difference? 300 would get a good amount of ammo! How much is the 7.62x39 going for right now?

You can get 1k of Golden Tiger or Wolf for $200 on a fairly regular basis, and the Yugoslavian "M67" surplus goes for around the same amount for 1260 rounds, but it's corrosive. My Draco eats all three, with the M67 subjectively being the hottest. SGAmmo.com and Ammunition - 7.62 x 39, being some good bets.

BTW, if you put a forward grip on a Draco you just made an AOW, so ya gotta get a stamp for that too.

That said, I won't be selling my Draco; it's just too much fun!

sinn4guitar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Atlanta
    Love mine got a Mako forend with rails to mount sights on it. Blast at the range and a real attention getter when you shoot. Definitely use good ears though cause it is loud as hell

Top Bottom