Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    If it were not for this class I would have been expected to attend a wedding.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just checked the thread for any updates and to see if there was anything to bring.

Looking forward to it and as a Psychology and Sociology teacher, I will I would have loved to know what I am going to learn tomorrow when I was teaching those classes with the chapters on Crime/Prisons/Criminal Mind.
    I could have been smart.
    In another lifetime (30 yrs. ago) I worked over 10 yrs. in Psych Units and Chemical Dependency Units at St. Vincent Stress Center and the Psych Pavilion at Community North which was quite the teacher.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    What a day!
    I left the house around 7 am and got back around 7:30 pm!

I took 45 pages of notes, after all, I am a boring school teacher.
    Conceptually, nothing unexpected, but in the details it filled in alot of gaps.
    It was really motivating to get a person to get their ducks in a row when it comes to readiness and why.
    As a Psychology and Sociology teacher in the past, it really was educational about delving into the mindset of the VCA (violent criminal actor), which is so counter to a "normally" emotionally healthy person.
    Translation: give no quarter b/c none will be given.
    Concepts of "targeting" from both the criminal and the "victim" being aware of it.
    It really woke you up to the fact that we are responsible for our protection (and our loved ones) or we are a statistic waiting to happen.

A day well spent to the untutored like myself. :coffee:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    What a day!
    I left the house around 7 am and got back around 7:30 pm!

I took 45 pages of notes, after all, I am a boring school teacher.
    Conceptually, nothing unexpected, but in the details it filled in alot of gaps.
    It was really motivating to get a person to get their ducks in a row when it comes to readiness and why.
    As a Psychology and Sociology teacher in the past, it really was educational about delving into the mindset of the VCA (violent criminal actor), which is so counter to a "normally" emotionally healthy person.
    Translation: give no quarter b/c none will be given.
    Concepts of "targeting" from both the criminal and the "victim" being aware of it.
    It really woke you up to the fact that we are responsible for our protection (and our loved ones) or we are a statistic waiting to happen.

A day well spent to the untutored like myself. :coffee:
    Great to meet you and I'm excited to hear your thoughts! It was great to have you and you really added to the class.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Had a great day of training today with Dr Aprill.

I'd like to again thank everyone for coming and making Dr Aprill feel welcome!

For those whom had scheduling conflicts, please keep in mind that he will be back in Indiana this coming January with a different training group. Also, keep an eye open for our future events... Already making plans!
    b27510c9c0b66427ea49309ef9bdeb66.jpg

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Dr. Aprill did a very nice job of presenting the information and filling a many gaps on the subject. His intellect is plain and obvious. The class was well worth the money and the time and the trip down to Columbus.

GNRpowder has done a great job of hosting and scheduling the class and making this happen.

The class was full of depressing information. It would be nice if there was not evil in this world and we did not have to deal with it. But being a realist there is evil in the world and we must deal with it because no one is going to deal with it for us. The folks sitting in on the class are better equipped to know what they are up against. More knowledgeable regarding the stakes that are involved and the ferocity that is going to be required to repel the actions of VCA.

There was no news about the lack of society punishing the most heinous of crimes, but it was depressing to hear. We (society) seem to be getting exactly what we deserve. It is also depressing that slime balls of society are out breeding the better elements of society. The problem is compounding and we are not addressing it. Looking for one serial killer because he embarrassed the police department and finding six others in the process that were previously unknown. Amazing little tidbit. I feel like it speaks volumes about the situation in which we live.

More people need to listen to this lecture. Dr. Aprill and Powder did a really nice job.

On the drive home I was struggling with a number of philosophical questions and concerns. I will continue to mull them over in the coming days and weeks for certain and probably longer.

I find myself hoping that I prepared my daughter well enough to go out in the world on her own. Friday she sent me a text that she utilized her MUC skills in a parking lot. I have not yet gotten any details. I could look at this a couple of different ways.

My only disappoint with the day was with the training center in which the class was hosted. For a host that charged a fee they were not that great of a host. Noise from the range and the retail store to be somewhat expected. But the people parading in and out of the rented space to retrieve ammo and other items for the other class going on in another part of the building was rude, distracting and could have and should have been avoided. If the lady was going to give us a "welcome" talk she should have been there at the very start not breaking in once things were under way. Plus it was not much of a welcome. It is going to be loud and folks are going to be using the restrooms over here just ignore them. For the price the class ponied up for the space we could have had a hotel conference room that would have been more user friendly. I get the center is there to make a profit and I support that. Just did not feel like they delivered much for what they were paid.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Dr. Aprill did a very nice job of presenting the information and filling a many gaps on the subject. His intellect is plain and obvious. The class was well worth the money and the time and the trip down to Columbus.
    GNRpowder has done a great job of hosting and scheduling the class and making this happen.
    The class was full of depressing information. It would be nice if there was not evil in this world and we did not have to deal with it.
    But being a realist there is evil in the world and we must deal with it because no one is going to deal with it for us.
    The folks sitting in on the class are better equipped to know what they are up against. More knowledgeable regarding the stakes that are involved and the ferocity that is going to be required to repel the actions of VCA.
    There was no news about the lack of society punishing the most heinous of crimes, but it was depressing to hear.
    We (society) seem to be getting exactly what we deserve.
    It is also depressing that slime balls of society are out breeding the better elements of society.
    The problem is compounding and we are not addressing it.
    Looking for one serial killer because he embarrassed the police department and finding six others in the process that were previously unknown. Amazing little tidbit. I feel like it speaks volumes about the situation in which we live.
    More people need to listen to this lecture. Dr. Aprill and Powder did a really nice job.

On the drive home I was struggling with a number of philosophical questions and concerns. I will continue to mull them over in the coming days and weeks for certain and probably longer.
    I find myself hoping that I prepared my daughter well enough to go out in the world on her own. Friday she sent me a text that she utilized her MUC skills in a parking lot. I have not yet gotten any details. I could look at this a couple of different ways.
    My only disappoint with the day was with the training center in which the class was hosted. For a host that charged a fee they were not that great of a host. Noise from the range and the retail store to be somewhat expected. But the people parading in and out of the rented space to retrieve ammo and other items for the other class going on in another part of the building was rude, distracting and could have and should have been avoided. If the lady was going to give us a "welcome" talk she should have been there at the very start not breaking in once things were under way. Plus it was not much of a welcome. It is going to be loud and folks are going to be using the restrooms over here just ignore them. For the price the class ponied up for the space we could have had a hotel conference room that would have been more user friendly. I get the center is there to make a profit and I support that. Just did not feel like they delivered much for what they were paid.

1. Your input and reflections are my own, especially the "getting exactly what we deserve."
    2. Our allowing murderers to live, supporting them with our tax money, is not viable in the long run and with paroling murderers: insane.
    3. I personally know of a murderer in another state of a High School girl who was raped and killed along the highway who the family wants the murderer to be paroled, b/c the family still intends to kill him the day he gets out (it has been 40 yrs.).
    4. It is a shame that the civil authorities will not do the right thing about VCAs b/c citizens have lost the will for capital punishment and are believing a lie.
    5. I believe evil is real and is ever with us, and good men/women must draw a line.
    6. What was outlined Saturday is why I started carrying again 1.5 yrs. ago after a hiatus of doing so for 30 yrs. b/c I had moved into a "safer" area, and really only CC when I went downtown (how ignorant of me).

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Coach - Thank you for your insight and feedback. I'll be taking the information you shared to the site leaders and it will be discussed.

In full disclosure, the site fee was shared between the facility and myself and I wasn't aware of the second class until the day before the class. I also believe this was the first time there were two classes being held concurrently, so this is good feedback for them to hear!

Certainly am glad that the meat of this class hit home and I'll admit that it rocked me the first time I heard it, too. Dr Aprill is uniquely qualified and has an amazing knack for sharing this heavy information.

It was certainly great to see you and again, thank you for your help in spreading the word about this opportunity!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Coach - Thank you for your insight and feedback. I'll be taking the information you shared to the site leaders and it will be discussed.

In full disclosure, the site fee was shared between the facility and myself and I wasn't aware of the second class before the day before the class. I also believe this was the first time there were two classes being held concurrently, so this is good feedback for them to hear!

Certainly am glad that the meat of this class hit home and I'll admit that it rocked me the first time I heard it, too. Dr Aprill is uniquely qualified and has an amazing knack for sharing this heavy information.

It was certainly great to see you and again, thank you for your help in spreading the word about this opportunity!

As I said you did great. Other folks walking through the session was way beyond your control. They seemed to oblivious to the situation from where I sat. Hopefully they will be receptive to the discussion.

Top Bottom