• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    No. Here's a link to some of the drama that went on.

Was unable to post before the lock -- new thread - BladeForums.com

Blade forums has actually locked the DPX forums for now.

Long story short, the owner (I think he's the owner anyways) posted some personal info on somebody knocking the folder and the quality problems that it's had.

A lot of people was canceling the orders that they had for the folder because of the owners unprofessional reaction.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I will be following this situation up with my response to all of this in my advertiser sub-form. I'm still investigating the "actual facts" about the quality and backing from DPX Gear on the HEST Folder. As of right now, things do not look good for the DPX Gear HEST Folder. For those that have pre orders with me for the HEST Folder, I will be making an announcement here in the next 48 hours.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Wow. That guy is arrogant and unprofessional. I was looking at the HEST/ESEE fixed blade and someday the DPX folder. No way am I getting one now. I'll still support ESEE though. Jeff Randall and Mike Perrin come off as really nice good guys with their posts. RYP thinks he's God's gift. He's losing some business from his supporters.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Wow. That guy is arrogant and unprofessional. I was looking at the HEST/ESEE fixed blade and someday the DPX folder. No way am I getting one now. I'll still support ESEE though. Jeff Randall and Mike Perrin come off as really nice good guys with their posts. RYP thinks he's God's gift. He's losing some business from his supporters.

Agree with supporting Jeff and Mike. They have nothing to do with DPX now so they should not be penalized at all for their seperation with RYP.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Agree with supporting Jeff and Mike. They have nothing to do with DPX now so they should not be penalized at all for their seperation with RYP.

their explanation for the separation was clear concise and had no ill will at all, while I don't own any esee I can wholeheartedly support them in their business based on that alone.

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    This all goes down the same day that my H.E.S.T. shows up in the mail. The only reason I'm not sending it back is because of the ESEE connection. I've become a big fan of theirs over the past couple of weeks and it's a well made knife.

I canceled my order for the folder last night when all of this was going down.

Ahhhh, the power of the internet. That guy totally ruined his reputation in one post and is going to lose a lot of money.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I heard people talking about it on BF with no real detail.

I didn't know it was that bad though.

RYP is editing everything out, probably trying to save his own ars for when the threads get searched in the future they won't be able to tell what was said.

What a shame, what a shame

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i posted over in brads forum but i got the LE HEST folder and am sending it back. ryp really just lost it. i don't know if the stress got to him or what but he turned in to a real dip ****. i never truly cared for him and his arrogance but wanted the knife due to the design and esee's involvment. as soon as esee backed out i canceled my production pre order with brad cause i said this is gonna end badly. i should have canceled my LE version too but didn't. it has the tip sticking up and there were no real extra goodies as promised which was the initial cause for delay. ryp is acting like he is a real tough guy and running his suck but realistically he is a journalist. he just reports about what actual tough guys do. either way hopefully i can get my refund

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    Pelton happens to be a friend of mine going back several years, but I'll say that he is his own worst enemy.

I don't want to speak out of school, but I think you guys are sharp enough to read between the lines here...Jeff and Mike of ESEE split with RYP, as you all know. I think it goes to show what stand-up, honest, good people Jeff and Mike are to always be thinking about the integrity of their business. And the foresight they posses. They both agree that reputation is all a man has in this life, when you boil it right down. It is to be protected.

Support ESEE--buy one from Knife Lady today!

Top Bottom