• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradsknives

Master
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    It's with great disappointment that I have to inform everyone that I'm no longer going to be able to sell you the DPx Gear HEST Folder. I have come to the conclusion that the ongoing delays and problems with this knife have come to the point that I'm now questioning the quality of the product and the warranty/service that is suppose to be backing this knife. There have been many problems with this knife from the start...blades that don't sit correctly in the handle (exposed blade tip), pocket clips that have broken after only a day of use...and this is just a few of the many problems. I have personally talked with two people that have received the Limited Edition version of the HEST folder, and both of them were disappointed with the overall quality of the knife....remember the limited edition versions cost $250.00 each. So what am I/we going to get with the regular production versions? I don't care who you are, a knife that costs $175.00 should be top quality and come from a company that has integrity and backs their product with a professional attitude.

Recently in a public forum, RYP (Robert Young Pelton-owner of DPx Gear) has acted unprofessional and has shown a side that makes me very uncomfortable in doing business with him and DPx gear. I can't in good faith sell any of my customers something that I'm personally not comfortable with. My customers are the most important part of my business and I will not jeopardize that relationship. I know some of you will be disappointed, as am I, but I have to protect my customers, myself, and my business and that's why I have come to a conclusion that moving forward with this project would be high risk in creating disappointed and dissatisfied customers.

If you are still interested in this knife, I'm sure there will be plenty for sale because hundreds of people, including direct dealers with DPx Gear are canceling their orders.

If you are interested in more details about the ongoing problems with the DPx Gear HEST folder, you can go to bladeforums (Manufacturers forums-DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools) and read about all of the problems and the unprofessional way RYP/DPx Gear is handling this.
    DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools - BladeForums.com

Again, I'm very disappointed in all that has occurred with this venture and I sincerely apologize to all of you. If anyone would like to talk to me personally about this, feel free in sending me a PM, or you can call me directly on my cell phone (317) 605-8468. I will always make myself available to my customers.
    Brad

Last edited:

dave29

Master
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    Bravo Brad.....

I never wish a company bad, but I hope everyone cancels their orders and DPX Gear goes out of business.

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i fully support brad in this decision. i am one of the owners of the LE HEST and its going back on monday. i just feel that ryp doesn't actually appreciate the folks who are buying his product, he is talking bad, calling people names, and throwing insults and actually asking his other customers to insult people who are complaining about the situations. its a shame cause it could have been a nice knife but they have some issues that need to be worked out.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Thanks for the notice, Brad. I know you are a person of integrity and I appreciate your willingness to back out and not allow us to purchase a bad product.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, what an unfortunate incident. Good for you for protecting your customers Brad! :yesway: Great service as usual from you!:ingo:

Top Bottom