• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    get the DPMS. dont get caught up in the colt hype. i recently bought another one to keep as a collector(plus a shooter) but its a lot of name hype. colt does not make the best AR nor do they make the worse.
    buy the DPMS and then you will have more money to accessorize (just dont get stupid and go overboard).

this is my opinion. in the end weigh the FACTS, and make your own choice, and you will be happy with no regrets.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The ONLY brand that I refuse to buy is DPMS. Worst crap on the street, has been even before the Obama scare. I've had problems with more of their parts than every other brand combined. I used to build ARs along with a gun shop owner in Crown Point, he discontinued everything from DPMS too. Their quality control is/was the worst on the street.

A friend of my is a gunsmith in the St John area, he and I were talking recently and he has also recommended that when the brand is DPMS the best advice is to STAY AWAY. Far far away.

ROLEXrifleman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    NW Indiana
    While your money will go further with DPMS, I must say I did recently get a bad run of out of spec lowers that wouldnt take mags properly. Thought it was fluke.

And although I did post taht your money will go further... I own 1 DPMS personaly and it was modified heavily so I have no clue if it was good to go out of the gate. All th erest are Colts and Armalites

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think the Gubment uses Colt and Bushy, plus some custom builds. I'm lucky enough to have bought my Colts when they were normal priced. I have other ARs, no DPMSs though, but my Colts will always be in my collection.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    ummm.....the Colt is better without question. and your money does NOT go further with DPMS. the Colt is more expensive and the DPMS offers the same features....but as upgrades. Once that is factored in, the DPMS is not nearly as attractive. the Colt 6920 is built (fairly closely) to the TDP of the M4 Carbine.

given that most AR owners are casual plinkers (myself included), a DPMS is likely to be just fine. the one i had never malfunctioned. but DPMS doesn't have a great reputation for a reason.

if anyone is drinking Kool-Aid, it's the people one this board who think DPMS and Olympic are just as good as Colt, BCM, Noveske, KAC, etc.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ok its settled then.... buy a Rock River. i have never EVER had a problem with a Rock River. I will spend the dough on a RR over a colt anyday. and im not a Colt basher because ive had them and had them malfunction, and i currently have a colt, and other brands as well. and they all run the same.

oh also, dont buy into the chrome barrel hype. its waisted upgrade money. clean your rifle after you shoot it, and you will never notice the difference. im sure some will say you will, but you wont. except for accuracy. Chrome lined barrels are less accurate

Top Bottom