• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wrong. Its the sarcasm and whining attitude that gets old. If your rifle runs great, that's awesome. But don't tell a newbie that hamburger is the same as prime rib or a pinto is the same as a camry. Dpms earned its reputation for a reason.

Talk about attitude, how is the air up there on that pedestal?

Their opinion is no less relevant than those who love Colts. A DPMS or Del Ton or Olympic Arms or whomever may work just as good for some people, they should be allowed to express that and can you blame them for replying when others are calling their guns crap when they work great for them?

Believe it or not, most people dont need a mil spec Colt, is it nice to have? Sure, just like its nice to have a Wilson Combat 1911. But its also nice that a $500 RIA can be as accurate and reliable.

Btw a Camry and Pinto are the same, both are hideous and boring cars.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have never shot one, so I can not comment. My friend owned one, and he did not care for it. If you are looking for a good budget AR. Smith and Wesson has the 15 Sport. They do not have a forward assist ot dust cover. However, if it's just going to be a range gun, there is really no need for either. I have shot a Spikes and it shot good. I own a Bushmaster and it has been 100% and is damn accurate.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    I just finished my latest build about two weeks ago. I used a stripped DPMS lower and a DPMS lower parts kit. I have had no problems with the lower or the parts kit. The fit and finish of the lower were very good in my opinion. Fits very nicely with the BCM upper I bought. The feel of the trigger from the lower parts kit feels better than what I expected. Not by any means close to a match trigger but not nearly as bad as what I was expecting it to feel like. I have put about 600 round through the rifle so far and have experienced no problems. I can't comment on the DPMS uppers as I have never owned one.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I ended up trading with a friend for a DPMS Mod A-15 after I looked it over and shot it many times. I have run several rounds through it since with no issues. I am not an experienced AR owner as this one is my first but I can't say anything bad about DPMS. I did hear that they were bought by a company that owns several others.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Ive had my DPMS for about a month now. Its my first Ar so I cant really compare it to any other brands. The only thing I can add is that it shoots when I pull the trigger and hits what Im aiming at. So all in all Im pretty happy with mine

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I have the sportical, its my first ar with everything magpul.

I haven't got a chance to shoot the .223 or 5.56 yet but I have a cmmg .22lr conversion kit that shoots pretty nice.

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I have the sportical, its my first ar with everything magpul.

I haven't got a chance to shoot the .223 or 5.56 yet but I have a cmmg .22lr conversion kit that shoots pretty nice.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    While I always drool over the S&W ARs, truth is my DPMS does the job just fine. Tossing a scope on top is the only thing I've done to it. Shoots 4moa out to 500 yards and 5moa out to 600 yards with Federal .223. I've probably put...as a guess...1000 rounds through it so far in blowing sand, snow, rain, heat, cold... Sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones, but I'm pretty happy with it's performance. I keep thinking one day I'll replace the crappy trigger, but I'm afraid to mess with a good thing!

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    IMO more pointless drivel from M4C. If I were an AR manufacturer and had my product trashed everytime I turned around I doubt I would even give them the time of day either. What would there be for them to gain, other than to subject themselves to further ridicule? Besides, WHO the hell are they?

NO ONE is going to convince that bunch of elitist snobs otherwise anyway. That thread is as worthless as the 18+ page thread about MPI & HP testing on bolts. Zzzzz.......:rolleyes: One poster in the industry has shown MPI & HP is pointless anymore, and a waste of QC resources because if made from the correct alloy it is a totally proven design. But "they" want to continue to argue the point because it is "Mil Spec".:rolleyes:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    IMO more pointless drivel from M4C. If I were an AR manufacturer and had my product trashed everytime I turned around I doubt I would even give them the time of day either. What would there be for them to gain, other than to subject themselves to further ridicule? Besides, WHO the hell are they?

NO ONE is going to convince that bunch of elitist snobs otherwise anyway. That thread is as worthless as the 18+ page thread about MPI & HP testing on bolts. Zzzzz.......:rolleyes: One poster in the industry has shown MPI & HP is pointless anymore, and a waste of QC resources because if made from the correct alloy it is a totally proven design. But "they" want to continue to argue the point because it is "Mil Spec".:rolleyes:

There was a time when I would have said something like this. Then I started shooting ARs a lot. The difference between a hobby gun and a top of the line AR is like night and day, from the first pull of the charging handle.... with a properly polished and buffed out RE.

All I can say is, you dont know, what you dont know, till you know it.

Luckily we arent at war, defending our homes from invaders in the middle of the night, or depending on our guns for food etc... so it really doesnt matter :)

Cheap Guns Ahoy! Save your pennies for stuff that really matters, like going to the movies, Chick-Fil-A, and chrome rims for your sweet ride.

If you have the cash for a really nice AR15, I would suggest you buy one. Its... nice.

Until the flag goes up, <whatever the heck that really means> its all theoretical anyhow.

Would I buy anything other than a Daniel Defense / BCM? no never. Its not worth it to me, and the others feel like rough, scratchy toys.

Besides, I have too many cool hats from them now to go back :)

But if a DPMS or CMMG or RRA was all I had would I be any less well armed? Of course not.

Good enough guns are Good enough.

In the end not one out of a hundred of us will ever require our rifles for.. anything.

And even if the rifle that one unlucky guy has jams every tenth shot, he will still likely solve whatever life and death issue with it within a round or two.

Sometimes, reality is needed. More old ladies have saved their lives with $100 Jennings 22lr crapola guns than you can shake a stick at.

Good enough guns are good enough, and DPMS rifles are a few notches above a Jennings 22, dontcha think?

68kidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hanover
    I have owned a DPMS AR for a couple of years . I have no complaints so far . I have put at least 2000 rounds down the barrel without an issue. I am not the most experienced gun guy by far. I may have considered buying a different one if i had all the information i have now. It is fun to shoot and i am happy.

Top Bottom