WTS: DPMS 308B 18” heavy bull barrel target 308 Winchester with upgrades.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    SPF

I bought this DPMS 308B brand new about a year and a half ago. It came with the A3 upper receiver that has the dust cover and forward assist, and I also had them put on the 6 position stock that I later upgraded to the Magpul stock because it’s much more comfortable shooting a 308 with a rubber butt pad. I also changed out the trigger and replaced it with a Rock River Arms two stage match. If you’ve never shot a rifle with one of those triggers in it you need to know that it’s a very light trigger and it breaks very cleanly. I also replaced the factory grip the a magpul grip and I have all the accessories that come with it. I also replaced the factory charging handle with a bravo company machine gunfighter charging handle.

Using Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr ammo this rifle groups right at ½” at 100 yards. This rifle is a shooter and has a fairly tight chamber to prove it. The rifle runs great and I’ve been using it with a SWFA Super Sniper 10X for shooting out to 800 yards. I’ve been lucky and hit targets at 900 & 1000 yards, but with an 18” barrel it’s got to be a pretty hot day to make those hits and you need some luck on your side.

The rifle comes with an assortment of magazines. There are 4 C-Products, 5 Magpul, and two DPMS 20 round magazines. There is also a C-Products 5rd, and a 10rd magazine just in case you ever wanted to take this hunting. The 5 round magazine sticks in the mag well a little but still functions well. It adds up to 235 rounds of loaded magazine capacity.

If you’re thinking of flip up iron sights on this you’re going to need to know that the gas block and upper receiver have a height difference that is made up by using a extended height front flip up sight on the gas block. I never did it, but I know a lot of guys who want those sights and I wanted to be up front about it. It shouldn’t be a problem, but there is another factor to take into consideration.

All in all, this rifle is an outstanding value. It’s a powerful, accurate, and compact semi auto 308. This rifle has been a range queen only and it’s never seen hard use or rough treatment. I really hate to see this go, but my wife and I are trying to build a new home and some of my toys have to go in order to make that happen. I want this rifle to go to a good home and to somebody who is going to appreciate it.

Round Count: 735

Price: $850 OBO I’m not looking for any trades at this time.

Location: Fort Wayne, IN. I’d like to have these guns transferred at a dealer in Fort Wayne.

The scope and bipod are not included. If you really want them we can talk, but I'm planning on selling them. The scope is a super sniper 10X with side focus, and the bipod is a harris.

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0390.jpg

NOTES:
    Regarding the transfer it's just an FFL transfer for the paperwork part of the deal. It's on my dime and it's something I'd like to do just to be absolutely certain that everybody is good to go. If it was a pistol or a single shot rifle I wouldn't be so concerned about an FFL transfer, but this rifle is capable of accuracely taking out breathing targets as fast as you can pull the trigger to 800 yards. I'd just feel a little better about selling it and having the regular boring paperwork done at a gunstore. The FFL transfer is on my dime, and it also helps protect the buyers.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom