• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone been Downtown lately? Are the business still boarded up?
    I am sure they are. With insurance and such, I wouldnt expect any normalcy until late fall. Even then I expect many to never reopen.

And they wonder why shops wont setup in the less than desirable parts of town and ***** about food deserts and the like. Between theft and crap like this, they cant stay in business. I could setup shop in my sketch neighborhood and barely get by while also dealing with headaches, or drive 15 minutes and setup shop in a better part of town and be comfortable. Not a hard choice there.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Anyone been Downtown lately? Are the business still boarded up?

WIBC reported yesterday that some businesses were removing boards from their windows but I'm not sure how widespread it is. That seems pretty optimistic to me since the local denizens have proven that they are willing to loot and riot with little real provocation.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    WIBC reported yesterday that some businesses were removing boards from their windows but I'm not sure how widespread it is. That seems pretty optimistic to me since the local denizens have proven that they are willing to loot and riot with little real provocation.

WTHR has run a story in the past couple of days basically showing that downtown has been basically reduced to what it was in the 1970's before all the development began.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

I saw some boards coming down here... behind the board was a busted window. :(

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    We want more programs and free stuff, so until that happens we're going to destroy the Tax Base that will fund our demands.

You're kidding right? The type of fool that does crap like this is clueless. They have no concept of where .gov money comes from. Its the government money, right? The govt makes it and if they want to give us more they can just make more.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    You're kidding right? The type of fool that does crap like this is clueless. They have no concept of where .gov money comes from. Its the government money, right? The govt makes it and if they want to give us more they can just make more.

Isn't that where the last $3.5T April giveaway came from?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Isn't that where the last $3.5T April giveaway came from?

You are correct. I'm speaking in overly general tax/spend economics. They dont realize .gov dollars are citizens dollars, and the more they spend, the more we are taxed.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I am sure they are. With insurance and such, I wouldnt expect any normalcy until late fall. Even then I expect many to never reopen.

And they wonder why shops wont setup in the less than desirable parts of town and ***** about food deserts and the like. Between theft and crap like this, they cant stay in business. I could setup shop in my sketch neighborhood and barely get by while also dealing with headaches, or drive 15 minutes and setup shop in a better part of town and be comfortable. Not a hard choice there.

"We're going to **** on our own water bowls and then complain that our water has **** in it." These people must be geniuses.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    WTHR has run a story in the past couple of days basically showing that downtown has been basically reduced to what it was in the 1970's before all the development began.
    So 30 years of cleaning the city up and developing it into someplace people wanted to be ruined in a week. Nice.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So 30 years of cleaning the city up and developing it into someplace people wanted to be ruined in a week. Nice.

Even before the rioting and looting, there were a lot of problems with Circle Center Mall, and the young people hanging out there causing trouble and driving away the paying customers. Thanks mass transit. :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Even before the rioting and looting, there were a lot of problems with Circle Center Mall, and the young people hanging out there causing trouble and driving away the paying customers. Thanks mass transit. :yesway:

Looking back we used to frequent Laff. Square mall. It was close and had about every shop you could imagine. Enter the local bus line putting a stop out front. Death knell. They killed it and the "They" I refer to are known well enough that I do not have to go there.

There was a car theft ring working the place. Ride the bus out. Select what you want. Take it. My custom van of that period was taken and later found at 25th and Sherman. Along with a couple of other stolen vehicles so go figure.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looking back we used to frequent Laff. Square mall. It was close and had about every shop you could imagine. Enter the local bus line putting a stop out front. Death knell. They killed it and the "They" I refer to are known well enough that I do not have to go there.

There was a car theft ring working the place. Ride the bus out. Select what you want. Take it. My custom van of that period was taken and later found at 25th and Sherman. Along with a couple of other stolen vehicles so go figure.

It was the Norwegians again wasn't it? Blast those Norwegians! :xmad:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville

I was around Circle city mall when it first opened for about the first year it was OK, then Came mass transit people started coming in gangs and drugs they rotate opposite the cops rotation between the big three malls Castleton . Greenwood. Circle center

Top Bottom