• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    "Municipalities can begin by changing policies or statutes so police officers never respond to certain kinds of emergencies, including ones that involve substance abuse, domestic violence, homelessness or mental health.” — Philip V. McHarris and Thenjiwe McHarris,
    New York Times

Stop sending cops to domestic violence and mental health calls? I dealt with many an ultra-violent individual at both those types of scenarios. When snowflake politicians start sending social workers to these capers instead of cops it is going to be truly entertaining to see the results.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    "Municipalities can begin by changing policies or statutes so police officers never respond to certain kinds of emergencies, including ones that involve substance abuse, domestic violence, homelessness or mental health.” — Philip V. McHarris and Thenjiwe McHarris,
    New York Times

Stop sending cops to domestic violence and mental health calls? I dealt with many an ultra-violent individual at both those types of scenarios. When snowflake politicians start sending social workers to these capers instead of cops it is going to be truly entertaining to see the results.

Yep. :):

pop.gif

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looks like the protest is still going on outside the IMPD NW District headquarters. And they're not planning on obeying the curfew. Can't find a link - just watching the news on WTHR.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Two words that make me cringe: “public safety”. First the world as a whole is not safe. Ever. There is never a non zero chance of death, injury or comets. Secondly in public it’s even less than “safe” because you’re relying on others to no hurt you as well.

seriously. Can we get these people some intelligence?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm coming around to the idea that the only way this crisis is solved is if police strike and good citizens do their own policing for awhile, as democrat areas that hate police most learn why police are necessary for themselves. Just remember, this would be the end of anyone being able to contest the second amendment as it becomes a natural necessity.

Very expensive to retain all of that video.

So are you for more Federal control?

I'm trying to get away from ideology for addressing the situation.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Nice idea Tombs.
    Perhaps only subscribers would be serviced. Add-ons purchased for additional levels of protection. Pay as you go.
    If the service included clean up and carting off the bodies I'd probably buy in.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Nice idea Tombs.
    Perhaps only subscribers would be serviced. Add-ons purchased for additional levels of protection. Pay as you go.
    If the service included clean up and carting off the bodies I'd probably buy in.

I'm sure private policing could be worked into law, and could be handled and paid for by a community opt-in fund.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I'm coming around to the idea that the only way this crisis is solved is if police strike and good citizens do their own policing for awhile, as democrat areas that hate police most learn why police are necessary for themselves. Just remember, this would be the end of anyone being able to contest the second amendment as it becomes a natural necessity.

I cold go for that.

I do not think the Constitution is an Ideology, I believe that Federalism (States rights) is the way to go. They call Trump a fascist and say he is taking over everything and then turn around say that they want the Federal government to take everything over.

I for one am for the Constitution.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I do not think the Constitution is an Ideology, I believe that Federalism (States rights) is the way to go. They call Trump a fascist and say he is taking over everything and then turn around say that they want the Federal government to take everything over.

I don't think helping politically sabotaged police departments get safety equipment, is trampling the constitution.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Nice idea Tombs.

That is how the Boston’s Mutual Fire Societies worked. They sold Fire insurance and if you were a subscriber and your house burned they responded with a bed key.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't think helping politically sabotaged police departments get safety equipment, is trampling the constitution.

What you said was Federal Mandate. That is the phrase I was addressing. As to your NEW assertion that helping the States is OK, I agree.

I absolutely disagree that new laws that force the states to lay out taxpayer money are wrong. It would also be wrong for the Feds to take my money and give it to Commiefornicate and Sicksound that are in the red because they support illegals.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What you said was Federal Mandate. That is the phrase I was addressing. As to your NEW assertion that helping the States is OK, I agree.

I absolutely disagree that new laws that force the states to lay out taxpayer money are wrong. It would also be wrong for the Feds to take my money and give it to Commiefornicate and Sicksound that are in the red because they support illegals.

I'm not trying to make the case for what you think I am, or at least that isn't my intention.

My intention is to find a way to get states to fund body cameras and logistics for police departments, even though political pressure is demanding slashed budgets.
    Through some federal rule, provide an "out" to get around the political pressure of slashing budgets.

(So state policy makers can use this rule as an excuse)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I cold go for that.

Totally based upon an ideology. Or rather a theology.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Solvable or not, I think police will either resign, move on to other jobs etc for years now. Who would want to be a police officer in this environment? Used to be a marked car was a nice thing in a neighborhood now it probably makes the house a target. This is crazy.

Top Bottom