• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Interesting. Lots of assumptions and conjecture and BAD information. I took today and tomorrow off after working downtown the last 2 days. One of my gigs at work is I am part of the departments ERG (Event Response Group) Unit. This was our show from the last 3 days. I didn't work Friday but Saturday I worked from noon until 530 Sunday. Came back in Sunday at noon and amazingly enough I got home by midnight. In my 23 years as a LE, I've never seen anything like we were in Saturday. It was sheer hell. All day, during the peaceful protest, I had such bad feeling, tension was in the air. We knew that when the sun started going down, trouble was going to start. We've trained for these things for years but it never really prepares you for reality. The trouble makers were about 500 or so and when they broke up into groups of 3-5, they were too many to keep up with. We busted our humps trying to keep a lid on the violence. It was bad, really bad, but it could have been bad. The Mile Square was unrecognizable Saturday night. Between the fires, gas, destruction, chaos, it looked more like a 3rd world country. It was very sad as I LOVE downtown and we frequent it quite often. I only hope I can call this a once in a career incident. BTW, we learned Friday that protesters were monitoring our radio traffic and adjusting their tactics accordingly. Therefore, the entire dept switched to secure channels. Cut their intel source.

Indystar took some great pics.

Thanks for the informative post.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Fishers protest is calm at the moment. Seems to be young people and they’re just walking a circle. I have to say it’s a pretty impressive turnout in my eyes. This is my first protest watch though. Lol

Anybody else down here? I’m on the west side near the new fire station.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Seeing the elementary kids really blows my mind. I’ve seen more than mother and child together.

The only aggression I’ve seen or heard is FTP playing in a car of black kids and heard it being chanted very briefly.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Fishers protest is calm at the moment. Seems to be young people and they’re just walking a circle. I have to say it’s a pretty impressive turnout in my eyes. This is my first protest watch though. Lol

Anybody else down here? I’m on the west side near the new fire station.
    We used to play ball or mow lawns when i was a yute.
    These kids have nowhere to go because things are closed. They have instant comms with each other.
    Im not surprised when i see high numbers of people.
    Most of the people over this issue just want to complain about sometjing anyways. They could have shot scoobydoo and theyd be protesting.
    They be gettin that corona money. Life is better than its ever been for turds in our country

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IMPD has streets blocked west of VA Med center. I guess that means we are inside the wire.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is OEF/OIF outside the wire.
    yeah it seems similar in some things ive seen on tv.
    I had to venture downtown a couple nights ago after dark. I had almost the same combat loadout as I did overseas. There are always afew exceptions now since im a civilian and uncle sam says im no longer trustworthy with those toys unless im rich and pay heavfty taxes for stamps.
    It was an in and out mission that i would have preferred not to make but i was very well prepared. And i kept it all covered. If i would have seen any rioters they wouldnt have even seen any of my whoop ass inside just looking through my windshield

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, that would be a little unnerving. I wonder if you could get Google to "unlist" you. Yeah, right. What was I thinkin'...
    You can. Find the listing, report the business as closed permanently. I’ve done it at work when we moved or closed a location.
    WTF are people thinking, bringing their kids down to these protests?? And then they complain when they get tear gassed. :facepalm: Police should get their names and refer them to CPS.

my money is on human shield. “Dey Won’t gasmy little boo! We be safe. “

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    The Fishers march is losing numbers fast. Still not seeing much of an adult presence.

I have seen a few Come in hoodies and face masks. Saw one lady cover her hair, eyes and face then grabbed her backpack. Hopefully they’re just coincidentally dressed like many I’ve seen on tv...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The Fishers march is losing numbers fast. Still not seeing much of an adult presence.

I have seen a few Come in hoodies and face masks. Saw one lady cover her hair, eyes and face then grabbed her backpack. Hopefully they’re just coincidentally dressed like many I’ve seen on tv...
    I dont believe in coincidence.
    When people are covering themselves like that on a sunny day they're looking for trouble

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    One thing I hope comes out of all of this is ending "qualified immunity" for police officers. I think that is BS.

The optics were terrible in Mr. Floyd's abuse and death. No doubt there is widespread support for police reform. And I would put No-Knock Raids, Asset confiscation and SWAT team overuse on the list.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Not caught up. Busy day.
    I listened to meyor Hogsett's press conference today. He threw the police under the bus.

We should help those who can't help themselves, when their hands are tied.

Top Bottom