• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    I didn't listen to the whole thing. I wonder how Guy would respond to rioters in a neighborhood with everyone in pandemic quarantine. I think there is some concern about property damage, but I think there is greater concern for family that is SIP

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    He's following Minnesota's lead. Not exactly exemplary.

Well to be fair, everyone's pretty much in uncharted waters here. I do wish it had been done after the first night though. I've got to admit, I didn't think the first night would turn violent (and said so), and I for sure didn't expect what happened last night. If it were Chicago, or Minneapolis, or LA, then yeah, but Indianapolis? Nope, wasn't expecting it. I don't think most people were.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    One would think that those protesters legitimately concerned for their cause (remember what it was?) would have some shame for what their good faith effort has turned into?

I consider myself sympathetic to protesting legit causes and everyone's right to do so. That said, any "protester" who would show up today in downtown Indy after yesterday's riot with looting, shooting and arson are POS scumbags.

They or their cause deserve no respect, much less consideration for what they might like to see done.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    UHF actually does better than VHF in buildings.

And you can get inexpensive radios on Amazon that far exceed the 2 Watts. So they arent limited by power unless they are only shopping for the radios at walmart. (or looting them)

In fact, just searching for two way radios, the ones Im talking about pop up very high in the search.

Not that anyone gives a solitary **** about the law right about now, but it is illegal to operate on FRS channels while exceeding 2 watts, regardless of what you can buy on Amazon. Baofengs and other assorted cheap Chinese radios are meant for amateur radio use. 10 watts is about the max power available in a handheld (HT) radio. Most amateur radio band HTs will not even transmit on FRS/MURS, but the cheapy Chinese radios somehow got approved and can transmit out-of-band. Makes a $25 Baofeng more useful than a $150 Yaesu.

Not that I don't have FRS/MURS frequencies programmed into my Chinese TYT 10 watt dual band 2m/70cm handhelds. :)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not that anyone gives a solitary **** about the law right about now, but it is illegal to operate on FRS channels while exceeding 2 watts, regardless of what you can buy on Amazon. Baofengs and other assorted cheap Chinese radios are meant for amateur radio use. 10 watts is about the max power available in a handheld (HT) radio. Most amateur radio band HTs will not even transmit on FRS/MURS, but the cheapy Chinese radios somehow got approved and can transmit out-of-band. Makes a $25 Baofeng more useful than a $150 Yaesu.

Not that I don't have FRS/MURS frequencies programmed into my Chinese TYT 10 watt dual band 2m/70cm handhelds. :)

As is so often the case in matters like this...

iu

:):

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    It's not even sundown and tear gas is already flying downtown...

Go to Twitter and search the latest tweets containing "suburbs"

Suburban South Chicago and Naperville are being looted.

The riots are not going to be downtown tonight.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It's not even sundown and tear gas is already flying downtown...

Go to Twitter and search the latest tweets containing "suburbs"

Suburban South Chicago and Naperville are being looted.

The riots are not going to be downtown tonight.

I don't know how to do that, but I'm glad I loaded more mags and positioned some more rifles today.

Top Bottom