• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    There is no way I will even considering comparing this nut job to a soldier on the battle field. This guy was one of the sorriest human being that ever graced this planet. He was only done wrong by others in his twisted mind. What rational mind is in favor of the AWB and then goes out and shoots people. Not only shooting people but ambush killing them and to top it off those very people had NOTHING to do with his own downfall and demise. Pretty dang bizarre in my simple mind. There is absolutely nothing that can be justified with this clowns actions...nothing.

He was in fact a soldier sir. And I feel for your closed mind. That is all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have been accused MANY times of things I did not do. I have never even considered going about ambush killing anyone. His actions were the true picture of his worthless life IMO. It is more than apparent that he was a POS his entire life. No other way to spin it. No sensible person acts like he did.

I would agree with your general assessment, but have a serious issue with the person of Dorner becoming intertwined with any response other than complete passivity. If I understand Denny correctly, if we get notice to turn in our guns by a deadline or become felons by virtue of not having done so, and offer any resistance when they start kicking in doors, he would put us in the same basket with Dorner. Needless to say, this does not give me feelings of comfort.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    He was in fact a soldier sir. And I feel for your closed mind. That is all.
    He was a MURDERER and nothing more.
    Anyone having sympathy for that POS can go to Hell with him!! :)

I would agree with your general assessment, but have a serious issue with the person of Dorner becoming intertwined with any response other than complete passivity. If I understand Denny correctly, if we get notice to turn in our guns by a deadline or become felons by virtue of not having done so, and offer any resistance when they start kicking in doors, he would put us in the same basket with Dorner. Needless to say, this does not give me feelings of comfort.
    You need to be very careful of making negative judgment calls on people who are on your side.
    It's indelicate at best and shows a lack understanding.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    There is no way I will even considering comparing this nut job to a soldier on the battle field. This guy was one of the sorriest human being that ever graced this planet. He was only done wrong by others in his twisted mind. What rational mind is in favor of the AWB and then goes out and shoots people. Not only shooting people but ambush killing them and to top it off those very people had NOTHING to do with his own downfall and demise. Pretty dang bizarre in my simple mind. There is absolutely nothing that can be justified with this clowns actions...nothing.

Are you serious? The guy was most likely a nutjob and he was a murderer but there are and have been many people that have done much more disgusting things than him. Every new event brings on this "never been seen before" or "most disgusting/tragic/sickening" BS. The people that do that are putting these people on a different level. Twisted minds that idolize the people that do similar things see this and worship them.

This guy was a sick mind that may or may not have been a victim of a known corrupt department. He lost it and had a plan. The plan is what made him different than quite a few others. That is all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You need to be very careful of making negative judgment calls on people who are on your side.

Point taken. I nearly fell out of my chair when I read the preceding post. I am sincerely hoping that he advises me that I misunderstood it.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

I don't want to speak for Denny but there is no way he thinks like that and I don't even know him. I know what he does and what he is so I need no further explanation.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Are you serious? The guy was most likely a nutjob and he was a murderer but there are and have been many people that have done much more disgusting things than him. Every new event brings on this "never been seen before" or "most disgusting/tragic/sickening" BS. The people that do that are putting these people on a different level. Twisted minds that idolize the people that do similar things see this and worship them.

This guy was a sick mind that may or may not have been a victim of a known corrupt department. He lost it and had a plan. The plan is what made him different than quite a few others. That is all.

Yea and his plan alone made him quite different than most every other human being that has ever walked the earth. And in spite of it all his warped plan fell apart from the git go. He wasn't very sharp.

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville

You show a lack of understanding, and a lack of perspective, but to each their own. I am not out to change anyones mind on how they perceive the world.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You show a lack of understanding, and a lack of perspective, but to each their own. I am not out to change anyones mind on how they perceive the world.

Seriously?! A lack of understanding of a homicidal idiot! Not to sound snip pity but you have to be kidding! You are kidding right?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Yea and his plan alone made him quite different than most every other human being that has ever walked the earth. And in spite of it all his warped plan fell apart from the git go. He wasn't very sharp.

I honestly hope you don't think he was some superscum because he shot cops simply because they're cops. If so, it is easy to see why many people see it as an "us" vs. "them" mindset. The only difference between him and the everyday street thug was his planning but his planning doesn't put him on Hitler's level. Dorner was nothing special. The people on both sides that elevate him to GOD/super villain status are the ones that help create copycats.

Did Dorner deserve what he got? Yep. I didn't feel any sympathy for him but I sure as hell don't support bad cops that terrorize neighborhoods. None of my LEO friends that I've spoken with since this occurred would support them either. Several of them believe those **** poor cops need to be behind bars for their actions.

BTW, those cops shooting up trucks because they were trucks weren't very sharp either.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If we had to defend our 2A rights by doing the same thing would we be lunatics? Would it be justified in being spun into something we are not?

YES!!! If you went around killing innocents...your message becomes irrelevant. How does what he did "clear his name" or make his situation better? It doesn't.

Dave, I didnt go back and read the post he wrote, but I have always considered Denny to be one of the good guys here.

There is an ambiguity on whether Denny's response was general in nature or he intended to refer exclusively to attacks on the families or others associated with the people kicking in doors but not participating. There is a significant difference between dealing with a future tyranny's local agents directly and punishing those people by harming their loved ones, and it has been left open to interpretation which eventuality he has in mind here. At a time in which the information available to us suggests that is as likely that we are going to see a cataclysmic shift in the nature of the country so far as remaining a free society (or relatively so, massive present infringements notwithstanding) as any other outcome, I find this, even as an ambiguity, to be disturbing. It would be nice to have this ambiguity resolved.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I honestly hope you don't think he was some superscum because he shot cops simply because they're cops. If so, it is easy to see why many people see it as an "us" vs. "them" mindset. The only difference between him and the everyday street thug was his planning but his planning doesn't put him on Hitler's level. Dorner was nothing special. The people on both sides that elevate him to GOD/super villain status are the ones that help create copycats.

Did Dorner deserve what he got? Yep. I didn't feel any sympathy for him but I sure as hell don't support bad cops that terrorize neighborhoods. None of my LEO friends that I've spoken with since this occurred would support them either. Several of them believe those **** poor cops need to be behind bars for their actions.

BTW, those cops shooting up trucks because they were trucks weren't very sharp either.

Ya know it really amazes me that every time a conversation starts on this dead ex cop clown, people bring up the LAPD shootings. What ups with that?

FWIW-I think he is the superscum of all superscum because he shot cops. if that makes an us vs: them mentality than so be it.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Not sure we will even know the whole story. The media will use the bits and pieces they want to when telling the story. Maybe the real story is how LAPD conducted themself when confronted with a difficult situation. That pickup delivering Sunday newspapers sure had a lot of rounds shot at it. Not real professional...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Ya know it really amazes me that every time a conversation starts on this dead ex cop clown, people bring up the LAPD shootings. What ups with that?

FWIW-I think he is the superscum of all superscum because he shot cops. if that makes an us vs: them mentality than so be it.

Yeah, my bad. The Keystone Cops should get a complete and total pass because some POS killed some cops...even though they don't go full retard any time some other POS kills some cops. I'm sorry but the cops that Dorner killed weren't any more special than any cops killed by anyone else. And the lives of those cops weren't anymore special than the lives of anyone else murdered (I should say innocent victims as I've got no use for corrupt cops or people killed in the commission of a crime).

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not sure we will even know the whole story. The media will use the bits and pieces they want to when telling the story. Maybe the real story is how LAPD conducted themself when confronted with a difficult situation. That pickup delivering Sunday newspapers sure had a lot of rounds shot at it. Not real professional...

And that has to do with the Dormer conversation how?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You do understand that to our ears that sounds like an argument being made that a murderer specifically hunting cops justifies the police randomly opening fire on people. It further reinforces the rift when we think and expand the scope of our thoughts to take in such things as that it is more illegal for someone to kill your dog than to kill us (i.e., not only are our lives apparently less valuable than your, but also less valuable than your dog's). This entire line of thought reinforces the belief in the apparent role reversal in which the police cease to serve the community but rather become public masters who seek to entrench and expand this new and unacceptable role which is mutually exclusive with a free republic.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    And that has to do with the Dormer conversation how?

Because the useless offending officers used Dorner as a lame excuse for blasting the **** out of random citizens for the egregious offense of driving a pickup truck without even making an attempt to identify them. At the end of the day, this served to terrorize the population more than Dorner did. The police are expected to be better than the criminals, not worse.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yeah, my bad. The Keystone Cops should get a complete and total pass because some POS killed some cops...even though they don't go full retard any time some other POS kills some cops. I'm sorry but the cops that Dorner killed weren't any more special than any cops killed by anyone else. And the lives of those cops weren't anymore special than the lives of anyone else murdered (I should say innocent victims as I've got no use for corrupt cops or people killed in the commission of a crime).

Last time I checked the crime of killing of an "on duty LEO" has its own special penalty's. So it seems most states do in fact think it is a worse crime. It is a crime against order and decency. It is a crime against the system. That does not diminish the tragedy of anyone else getting killed but it has to be this way.

Top Bottom