Don't worry guys, the world isn't going to end!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I thought the Mayan were trying to say their empire would end in the 21th Century. But they miscalculated their future.

I seen something recently that said most of the outside archeololgist had misread the info. The mexican archeologist think that the reference date is a date from something significant from the past. Given the Mayan counting system and the fact that the true cosmic alignment already occured, I think we are safe from the Mayan apcolypse.

Correct sort of. Yes on 12-21-2012 one of the Mayan "long calendar" ends. But the next Mayan "long calendar" begins in the series. There are 20 long calendars per series. We are currenlty in the 12th long calendar of their series and will begin the 13th on on 12-22-2012. The 20th one will end on 10-13-4472! Then a new set of 20 long calendars will start.

The Mayans actually looked forward to the "end" of a calendar as they thought their GODs would allow great things to happen to them/their civilization at the end of a calendar. As such to them it was a great time to celebrate and prepare. It has been this "prepare" that many westerners ahve mis-read/understood and think "end of the world".

:rolleyes:

-Jedi

Detail info on the calendar here:
    Maya calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Bottom