Oh man, its over!

Purdue and IU fans have one thing in common, neither went to IU

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've been an IU BB Fan for about 40 years, longer than a lot of you have been alive. The IU vs PU rivalry had been strong and heated the whole time. IU wins Championships and Purdue makes excuses and tries to focus on other things. We are talking basketball here so quit changing the subject. I must agree though Purdue grads are usually outstanding in their fields.... bean fields and corn fields that is. ;)

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I've been an IU BB Fan for about 40 years, longer than a lot of you have been alive. The IU vs PU rivalry had been strong and heated the whole time. IU wins Championships and Purdue makes excuses and tries to focus on other things. We are talking basketball here so quit changing the subject. I must agree though Purdue grads are usually outstanding in their fields.... bean fields and corn fields that is. ;)

Well said, Colt. It's been roughly 55 years that I've been rooting for IU basketball and Notre Dame football. (And don't forget how cute the Purdue cheerleaders always look when they go out on the field to graze at halftime of football games.)

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I think it's funny that IU fans seem to forget that, while they may have more "banners", Purdue leads the all-time series by more than 20 games. Purdue fans are Purdue fans year round, not just when it's convenient to cheer for the better program. BTW, the amazing Tom Crean just became a .500 coach with the win over Purdue yesterday.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I think it's funny that IU fans seem to forget that, while they may have more "banners", Purdue leads the all-time series by more than 20 games. Purdue fans are Purdue fans year round, not just when it's convenient to cheer for the better program. BTW, the amazing Tom Crean just became a .500 coach with the win over Purdue yesterday.

Yes PU leads in games won against IU, many of those were years ago though, but IU knows how to win the big games whereas Purdue knows how to choke. Some people may remember the conference games but more people remember the Championships.

Top Bottom