• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Crown Vics, Mustangs (these are sneaky), F-150 pickup, AN OLDER SUBURBAN / TAHOE (maroon), and countless marked cars / bikes.

69/469 area around Fort Wayne is like an ISP car show!!! We have it all!!!!

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Let's just say my car has it's speed governor set at 137.5...
    Pfffft, slow..... :cool:

The OP reminds me of the PT cruiser that decided to cut in front of a marked park ranger and then speed up from 40 to 45 in a 35 zone. He found out that park rangers can stop you even if your not in a park. I thought it was great.

Last edited:

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Hey it's only a V6. :(

At 137 it's at 6000 rpm in 3rd gear, so it certainly has more to give.

Better than the Mustangs. They might have a better 0-60 time, but I hear they're set at like 112 or something. :D

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    Pfffft, slow..... :cool:

The OP reminds me of the PT cruiser that decided to cut in front of a marked park ranger and then speed up from 40 to 45 in a 35 zone. He found out that park rangers can stop you even if your not in a park. I thought it was great.

Wait what? Park rangers can give you a ticket on any road?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I think I saw this same truck this morning on the west side on 465. I thought it looked odd, a white truck with police lights pulled someone over on the right-side. Probably around 7:45am

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think I saw this same truck this morning on the west side on 465. I thought it looked odd, a white truck with police lights pulled someone over on the right-side. Probably around 7:45am

Yep. same guy, same time.

Wait what? Park rangers can give you a ticket on any road?

If they are anything like game wardens, yes. As I recall techincally a game warden has MORE authority than ISP. They have full arrest powers for everything LEOs do in addition to wildlife related offenses that standard LE agencies typically cant readily enforce. (I could be wrong however)

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    They have a grey f150 and a black f250 undercover down in the New Albany area. My buddy got pulled over by the f250 and had no clue what had happened. Luckily it was just for an expired plate and the officer was just letting him know.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I get passed and tailgated (while driving my marked car) all the time. I guess giving traffic a 10-over gift isn't good enough.

Never tailgated a cop. I pass them all the time. I go by the cop shop on the way to work. Most people are too timid to pass them. SBPD cops usually go about 10 to 25 MPH over, so a lot of people won't even get close. I've passed a SBPD cop who was going 50 in a 35. I try not to change my driving habits when I see cops. Looks mighty suspicious.

I got pulled over in Mishawaka for 65 in a 30. It was winter, roads were slick. His Impala had a hard time keeping up with my Explorer. Not even a warning. Super nice cop.

Another time, 55 in a 30. Made an illegal left turn on a red. It was 0430. Cop let me go.

Never been ticketed. Lucky, I guess. I could have been hit really hard if either of those cops wanted to. I did get a written warning from ISP a few years back. Failure to yield. Technically I did. ISP was on the side of the road, lights on, and I saw him. Speed limit was 35, I slowed down to 40 to go around him. He said I was going too fast. Glad he didn't see me when I was doing 55!

Top Bottom