• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I carry in LOTS of places, some are posted, most are not, but no one ever knows because I carry concealed. The only places that I avoid are where it's illegal to carry.
    I know that it is legal to OC, I know some folks like to OC, I know there are some good reasons to OC, but here is a good example of a reason to not. Just my $.02.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I stated in an earlier post that Lowe's in Lafayette had a "no deadly weapons allowed" sign displayed on their front door the day they opened for business. Less than 6 months later, due to overwhelming dissent from patrons, the sign quietly disappeared.
    Find the corporate headquarters address, and start a letter writing campaign. Pen a letter of protest and include the estimated monthly "loss of business" they have incurred due to their policy. Have several friends do the same. If they hear from enough people, they WILL change their attitudes!

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Man, it's threads like this that just make me wonder how many of you I pass daily and have no idea. I can think of the number of times I've seen someone OC'ing on one hand.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    This is a perfect example of a time where compromise is in order. Next time you go there, simply CC. They can't say a thing if they don't know you have it....

Disagree, Jenny. Once I know they're anti-gun, I won't be shopping there again, because I know then that any money I spend there will be used to support "people" (and I use the term loosely) like the Brady Bunch, VPC, etc., and candidates like our two current US senators. I don't need or want to give any of them a single dime, and I can find someone who's selling almost anything I want or need who will respect our fundamental rights.

It's not about CC vs. OC. It's about my right to decide with whom I'll be spending my hard-earned money.

I do like the idea of a letter to management telling them of the fact and a later one with copies of receipts. Boycotting does no good at all if no one else knows you're doing it.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom