• tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    1. You were there when it happened.
    2. You care enough to be concerned.
    3. You care enough to train and be prepared.

I think that your boy is in good hands and lucky to have a parent that cares. I laughed pretty hard when I read the post, because it was funny! I started my children early with firearms safety, I once received a call from my sons teacher, who was concerned that my son viewed a firearm as a tool and not a weapon. They learn fast and understand more than we sometimes give them credit for. Set a good example for him and he will follow!
    :rockwoot:

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I'm sure that it may be a cause for concern but my son (2 as well) is constantly drawing his 22 long finger from is waist band and going bang bang bang. My mother tried to keep me away from guns as a kid and I instead just built them out of legos sticks or whatever else I could find. Education is key here, but seriously your concerned he wanted to eliminate your mother in law? i was more concerned with racking the slide 3 times.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    No, I just dont want him to think that guns are a way to "get his way" in life.

We had another incident last night.

We were sitting at the table eating spaghetti, and I noticed he had his yellow water pistol in his jeans pocket.

I asked him "Hey, whats that?"

He said "Gun."

I said "Whats that for?"

He said "to shoot stuff"

I asked "what kind of stuff?"

He said "Crocodiles."

Me "Really."

Him: "And spankins."

Me "I see."

I pretty much hung out in his pocket for the rest of the evening. Luckily, no crocodiles or spankins were to be seen that night.

I figure its just him wanting to be like his dad, which is not a bad thing.

I did let him play with my unloaded CCW Colt 1911 after our little "Crocodiles and Spankins" discussion, which he held up to his face, about and inch from his eye and looked down the sights and went "phshew phshew" at the Christmas tree with a very happy look on his face.

Apparently, the real steel trumps the plastic water pistol in his world.

Top Bottom