• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    i delivered pizza as a 2nd job for a while. i was shocked at how many people would tell me to step inside while they got money, etc. - given, i worked for a fairly well-known family run business, it still amazed me. then again, that was in new york, so.......

i would like to have a list of pizza places that have delivery drivers with LTCH - i would order form them exclusively.

Slider

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Brownsburg
    i would like to have a list of pizza places that have delivery drivers with LTCH - i would order form them exclusively.

You better be careful what you ask for. The anti gun nuts will be asking for this so they can boycott the pizza places. That's all i need......my favorite pizza place going out of business.:rofl:But i agree.....i would order from them too.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    i delivered pizzas for a while when i was younger, company policy dictated we were not allowed to carry weapons, i did not carry back then anyways, but i always had my knife, which was conisdered a tool (odd looking back on that now). i delivered in a nicer area, and would be frequently invited into peoples homes, especially in poor weather while they gather up the necessary currency. (they knew i was coming 45 minutes ago, think that would be enough time...) and yes, the horny attractive female answering the door inviting you in does happen, occasionally in very revealing attire, very rarely full nude, but most of the ones doing so appeared to be a little too young (i was 18 when delivering pizzas).

jdorp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    I thought it was funny that this was considered news. The first person I ever met that carried was a delivery driver at Noble Romans, in Fishers when I worked there in high school 22 years ago. We never knew why he always wore a satin Celtics jacket until he showed us his handgun that he carried in a shoulder holster.

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    i delivered pizza as a 2nd job for a while. i was shocked at how many people would tell me to step inside while they got money, etc. - given, i worked for a fairly well-known family run business, it still amazed me. then again, that was in new york, so.......

I'm kinda curious, did anyone ever answer the door in less than proper attire? Just saw it in some videos and wondered if it was real :cool:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    News flash 2: unless you're a horny hot girl, pizza guys don't want to come in your house.

Pouring rain, I didn't mind usually.

I've never had a pizza delivery person in my home. Does anybody do this?

Some do, or at least did when I delivered. And if the weather is real nasty I might. Haven't had delivery in not sure how many years though.

When the weather is nasty enough I have let them step in for a second, but it was with a driver I was familiar with.

Yep.

I'm kinda curious, did anyone ever answer the door in less than proper attire? Just saw it in some videos and wondered if it was real :cool:

Occasionally, but unfortuanately not usually the ones you would want them to..............

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I delivered pizza before as a 2nd job. It was fun for awhile, but some of it was scary. Some of the late night drunk people were funny, but that was back when not as much scary stuff went on in our small town. I would not want to do it nowadays.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I just struck a nerve with me because my son is going to work this very weekend as a delivery man for Jimmy Johns in Vincennes.

When we order pizza in my office, the driver always comes in to the lobby.
    It just can't be helped. So, there is that.
    At home , we have a porch for just such an occasion.

Captain Morgan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    terrible haute
    I always carried as a driver. Had a few people invite me in during nasty weather. My response depended on the situation. Some I felt confortable stepping inside, others I didn't. Official policy was to never enter anyone's home. But I also violated the policy against carrying a weapon and the policy to always have a topper on my car.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    What is this "pizza delivery" of which you all speak? You mean you can call, order a pizza, and they bring it to your house?:wow: Damn, must be nice.

I guess in horse and buggy country we don't get quite all of the little conveniences of modern urban life.:dunno:

On a side note, it is a source of endless amusement for me, that when I go to town for Chinese takeout, most of the restaurant's employees are Amish. Always gives me a chuckle.:D

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I go get my pizzas from their store. Can't remember the last time I ordered one. Of course, I answer an unexpected knock on my door at night with my hand on my pistol, too.

richardraw316

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I only step inside if I feel comfortable with the situation, I have said no more than once.

women coming to the door in, barely there clothing, does happen, I have dropped a pizza because of it.

if I do step in, I make a point not to comment on anything I see in a home, except one time. this rich guy had a life size movie replica of a t101 terminator robot in his entry area. was freakin awesome.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    News Flash: Pizza companies can say no guns in cars or on persons because they are not protected by the bring your guns to work or parking lot bill..... Pizza delivery can be described as home based....

Top Bottom