• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house
    I bought my first two pistols at Dons. I'm too embarrassed to say what I paid. Needless to say I wont set foot in there again. My only excuse is that I didnt know any better because I'm an immigrant.

pathfinder317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Franklin In
    Dons-Rock1.jpg

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    He Isn't ??? He has a big monument (like a headstone) in his front yard that has the 2nd amendment on it. (seriously he does)

You're right, it is a Headstone. Don Davis has WANTS it buried and replaced by all sorts of restrictions so he and his ilk will be to only ones with guns. He's just waiting to put the date of It's death in the space left at the bottom.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    what?!?! No all these people are wrong.. Don's guns is t
    One of the cheapest in the Indianapolis area! Its a running joke on ingo and other gun enthusiasts to newbies! Its where you go to shoot the ****. Look at guns with out a sales pitch. Also the best place to learn about anything. The sales staff are like walking wikipedia on guns! And they are open late! We just domt want them to be completely sold out by the time we get there.. so we pretend buying and going to dons is like contracting herpes.

flatoutt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Many years ago I worked buy his shop on 38th and Lafayette. Went to see what he was about, and he was about making money. Any bad story you have heard about the place is true. I have not had heard of one person with a positive experience there. Avoid at all cost

drifter197

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2012
    s/w indy
    his staff is very rude!!!!! the shop and shooting range (ha ha an abandoned house would be better setup for shooting ) they dont even know anything about most of their weapons they sale (a lot of junk if not junk very over priced) because they would not carry most of the weapon that they sale in the shop. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    A few years back, a woman came into Don's Guns with a bookoo amount of $$$$. IIRC, somewhere in the neighborhood of $30k.

She purchased 3 dozen firearms or so, and was assisted by the employees in loading the purchases into the trunk of the car (with Illinois plates). Two of her friends remained in the car the entire time.

Obviously, she was a straw purchaser. Duh.

The moment the employees walked back in, they were on the phone with IPD, reporting the transaction. The cops had them pulled over not 3 blocks away from the shop.

Don's Guns: Never let a little thing like the law, or ethics for that matter, get in the way of making a buck.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Actually Don isn't the owner, his wife is. He is a convicted felon!

Not 100% sure on convicted felon part, but I've heard don and his wife got a divorce and she took all but one store. His store went under(I wonder why), and she sold the other two stores...hence the one don's gun store. I'll never buy from them, but I thought about visiting to laugh at the idiots...

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    One thing I did discover... they have a 1 year warranty in-house for all of their new and used guns. (That actually blows my mind).

Everything else? Whack.

1nthechmber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    I went in last year and saw a Glock 22 for $679,.....I told gramps you know your competition is selling this gun for over $200 less......he said "go buy it then"....."someone will buy that one".....sorry but first word that came to mind was "d_ck"......walked out,and will never go back.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I've never been to Don's but I'm definitely going to have to go one weekend just for the entertainment value. Do they have any rules about just sitting in the corner on a stool, eating popcorn, and laughing at some of the absurdities that go on in there?

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Not 100% sure on convicted felon part, but I've heard don and his wife got a divorce and she took all but one store. His store went under(I wonder why), and she sold the other two stores...hence the one don's gun store. I'll never buy from them, but I thought about visiting to laugh at the idiots...
    I used to help out at a LGS not far from Don's when he opened the Lafayette Rd store. He new the owners and used to come about once every couple of months and try to buy out their inventory, in between singing his own praises. I always heard from them that he was one of Jimmy Hoffa's thugs, and that one of his wives made a deal to take a rap that would have made him a convicted felon. As a gun enthusiast he is an embarrasment to all of us. He really hates gun shows too.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I used to help out at a LGS not far from Don's when he opened the Lafayette Rd store. He new the owners and used to come about once every couple of months and try to buy out their inventory, in between singing his own praises. I always heard from them that he was one of Jimmy Hoffa's thugs, and that one of his wives made a deal to take a rap that would have made him a convicted felon. As a gun enthusiast he is an embarrasment to all of us. He really hates gun shows too.
    Sorry, ex-wives:n00b:

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    i was in indy today just down the street doing a deal with a fellow ingo member. stooped in and said "HI" to the clerk by the door, he grunted and walked away. i looked anyways as i like guns, high prices ($300 more than i can get h&k's and glocks local new). asked to see a h&k, guy looked at me and walked away. glad i have a few local shops who like my money as these people suck. if you get paid to sell stuff maybe be a bit nicer to the people who feed you (at least get you a check). looking for a new h&k and .300 blackout ar-15, they got a laugh as i walked out and none of my money.

no camera or loaded guns or use of cell phones in store???? ok your rules and maybe me wearing my h&k hat intimidated them as i might know about guns and prices.

would never go back or send anyone to them after that ordeal.

Top Bottom