• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    This is not intended for bashing, or I am not meaning it to be. I would just like to know what is going on.

So in a lot of posts, I see people referring to Don's like its the plague. Just wondering what its all about is all. I take it its a real shop ... Just wondering what all the jazz is about.

If not, send me to the back burning. I wont cry .... for to long, anyways, haha.

Thanks Nick

Kaiser

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    lafayette area
    I will ditto what has been said and add that I will never know for sure (my father passed 15 years ago) bbut when he was alive he never liked Don. He knew Don personally My father had a collectors permit from the 60"s on and the amou nt of guns he had was staggering. He never never liked the guy and did not trust him. I personaly have only been there once and as said before eveything was well over priced.

PeaShooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Don's is a gunstore that has been around since at least the 80's if not older. It is in a bad part of town and had a shady owner named Don Davis. He was famous in the area for his "I don't want to make any money folks, I just love to sell guns" commercials.
    They are infamous in the gun community for having exorbitant prices (like 1.5 - 2X higher), alleged shady business practices, dangerous indoor range (look at the bullet holes everywhere they shouldn't be), and having a ******** as a spokesman who thinks that only people who grovel before a committee and convince them that they need a LTCH should have one. Just my :twocents:, YMMV.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    Ok. Thats all I wanted to know. I actually just read he sold a person a $300 gun for $700. I dont agree with listing prices that high by any means but its almost on the buyer at that point.

I tried searching so I didnt have to ask but didnt know where he was, what exactly it was, etc to search.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I've been in his shops a few times over the years. He used to have 3 stores but now only one is still open and the store is by far the sleeziest gun store I've ever set foot in. It's obvious by the style of firearms hanging on the wall what kind of customers they're catering to. Alot of gold plated "bling" crap and Hi Points. Everything is way overpriced. I'll never buy a gun from him or even set foot in the place again. :twocents:

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Lets not forget that his shop routinely makes the ATF list of the 10 worst gun shops in America for straw purchases. I have heard from several people that there is a virtual pipeline from Chicago down 65 and exiting at Lafayette Rd to pick up guns at Dons.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    There have been rumors that Don is an former [STRIKE]trigger man[/STRIKE] body guard for high places Chicago Teamsters. :dunno:

I can't ever look at the guy without thinking of little Enis Burdette from Smokey
    And The Bandit. :):

2445502342_d14c97e6c4_o.jpg

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    Don's guns is the home of the $800 glock my friend. Hipoints are also $400 pistols there. I used to hop in the range when it was a bit cold outside. I have since boycotted them all together for their crappy service and We Todd did patrons.

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I went there once with my wife. I got extremely nervous because I didn't bring 3 extra mags with my CC. If I ever go in there again it will be in the low ready.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    granted his store is in a bad area......but it gets broken into like at least once a year....I think it's highly likely they are insurance scams....nobody gets robbed that much.............regardless, I too have hear of his prior position with some less than legal organizations.......and have never seen anyone with higher prices...literally 1.5-2 times the value of everything in there....ridiculous

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    don't listen to the hype. There is a lot of talk on here about a lot of rumors people can't prove. however -- its overpriced and don't unload your gun if you are going in there, you might need it. Basically, don't go in there, there is enough true and provable to keep yourself out of that store, but don't be taken by stories.

and id like to know what clientele was being referred to with the bling comment

Top Bottom