• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G3Fanatic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Southeast Indianapolis
    Dropped back in there with a buddy to see what he could get out of his old Beretta 686E Trap Edition.

Be prepared for what they told us.....

The guy looked at the gun and said, It's worth what you're asking for it, but I just don't have a market for these guns. You can't do a drive-by with an over-under. LMAO:laugh:

Then I questioned the store's prices, and the guy responds with, we charge so much because of where we are located.

West 38th Street...

That makes twice I have left that store frustrated.

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I was in there about 1 year ago when I was in the market for a KEL-TEC .380, I checked a couple of stores and Don's was about $125 higher than the competition at that time for the exact handgun! They are catering to a certain segment of gun buyers whom are not savvy about cost and value! :dunno:

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    and this is the same old guy on the tv add shooting his finger and thumb around at the camera? i don't like money i just love to sell guns? wow, just lost interest in that guy. never been in there, never will, thanks for the heads up

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Don's Guns- I've never actually been in there, although I've seen the store driving by. Can't say I've ever really had a desire to stop in there for anything, all of the negative things I've heard in the local gun community have been more than enough to keep me out of there.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    Don's Guns

Seriously-how does the place stay in business? I confess-I was stupid and let curiosity get the best of me ONE time. Took me about 2 minutes to realize I had really been duped by his commercial. I really thought it would have been a much bigger place:noway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Seriously-how does the place stay in business? I confess-I was stupid and let curiosity get the best of me ONE time. Took me about 2 minutes to realize I had really been duped by his commercial. I really thought it would have been a much bigger place:noway:

Because he has a very special clientele.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I went and used the range Saturday for a half hour and there were some bangers in there firing a pistol grip shot gun and their handguns. When they were done one of them kicked all the brass back against the wall and complained that they need to clean this trash up. I told him I would get all that trash out of his way and while smiling put all the brass in my bag. He looked at me like I was insane. One of them commented on how "they done been shot off man". I just reiterated that I wanted ot make sure they enjoyed their time at Don's and somebody should be in there picking up their "trash". Honestly, I don't think they know you can reload this stuff! I got home and had over 100 40's and over 100 9's. They walked out looking at me like I was absolutely NUTS.:):

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I went and used the range Saturday for a half hour and there were some bangers in there firing a pistol grip shot gun and their handguns. When they were done one of them kicked all the brass back against the wall and complained that they need to clean this trash up. I told him I would get all that trash out of his way and while smiling put all the brass in my bag. He looked at me like I was insane. One of them commented on how "they done been shot off man". I just reiterated that I wanted ot make sure they enjoyed their time at Don's and somebody should be in there picking up their "trash". Honestly, I don't think they know you can reload this stuff! I got home and had over 100 40's and over 100 9's. They walked out looking at me like I was absolutely NUTS.:):

The time I did go in and use the range, they used to have a poster taped to the counter (as in, it was part of the counter top?) that showed a destroyed, cheap looking revolver. It had a message along the lines of dont handload/reload or this will happen. I asked the guy checking me out if they (the folks who worked there) actually believed that. He looked at me as if I had bugs coming in and out of my mouth. He said it was a reckless practice and "if he caught anyone with reloaded ammo in there..." puffing up. I told him that I had JUST used my handloads in there and held up my hand, saying it was fine, not missing any fingers. He was VERY intent on getting me to "reverse my ways". I just left, vowing to kill myself before I ever step in that joint again.

After seeing their ammo pricing, I determined that they put that there to discourage dumbasses that shoot there from saving money.

Incidentally, Don's website states that while pricing is lower elsewhere, he "has it actually in stock". Weird. Well, if I was intent on getting beat up "good" guns or cheaply made but overpriced guns, I'll make sure he is the first I go to. Firemission: You will win 100 DH-Fun Bucks (not redeemable anywhere! :D) if you go into Don's with a Gander Mountain flyer with guns in it, ask them if they do price matching. Cmon guys, 100 DH-fun bucks! Cant miss out on that! :D 25 more points if you ask why when they say no! (if they say no) :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm still amazed people still go in there. My favorite are the people who go there "just to use the range". Holy cow, man, the range is the most dangerous part of that little endeavor!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'll give someone an additional 100 ESR FunBucks if they tell the clerk "I'm a felon and I want to kill my ex-wife, what kinda gun should I be looking at?"

The only stipulation is that you have to tell me what gun you walk out the door with!

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    I'll give someone an additional 100 ESR FunBucks if they tell the clerk "I'm a felon and I want to kill my ex-wife, what kinda gun should I be looking at?"

The only stipulation is that you have to tell me what gun you walk out the door with!

No problem. You shall be shown the gold plated desert eagle. The .50 Cal seems to be more appropriate for a man of your status and taste. I am sure you won't mind waiting while your girlfriend fills out the paperwork?

As far as the range goes, I can not recall reading or hearing about one incident in the last 10 years. I am sure if someone had gotten hurt on the range the news would be all over it.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    No problem. You shall be shown the gold plated desert eagle. The .50 Cal seems to be more appropriate for a man of your status and taste. I am sure you won't mind waiting while your girlfriend fills out the paperwork?

As far as the range goes, I can not recall reading or hearing about one incident in the last 10 years. I am sure if someone had gotten hurt on the range the news would be all over it.

No way, the news outlets love don

following2dp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Fishers
    I toyed with the idea of taking my AR in there to shoot .223 rounds a little over a year ago, until a man told me a story about how a ricochet came back and planted itself into his shoulder at the Don's range.
    I would have called BS, if he didn't have a scar to prove it.

Having been in there before, I have to say that is the lowest quality range I have seen. After spending 5 minutes in the store laughing at the bogus prices and the gangbangers who just walked in, I heard several very loud shots.
    I thought something was about to go down when I looked in the nearly black ( I assume its tint, but at the time I thought the lights were off) shooting range and saw a man teaching a young women to shoot.
    It was like there's no soundproofing done.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The ONE time I was in there, a guy came out of the range with his gun still in hand, trigger on the finger, not paying attention to what he was covering, to buy some more ammo for the range. That's the last time I stepped foot in there.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Oh my. Seems as if I may need to re-think my thoughts on this matter. I consider myself a pretty observant (PARANOID to the point of debilitating) person and have not noticed anything of this nature. But in Indy in the winter the only other option is Pop Guns which I have been there 2X and not seen anything better or better practices. just a lighter skin tone with the same mentality. Is the Wyatt's place on the north side to be open soon?

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Wyatt's is supposed to be open at the beginning of March...was up there a couple of weeks ago and spent about 15 minutes talking to one of the gents about the new range. From his description it's going to be the best indoor range in Indy area, aside maybe from police ranges. They will evaluate shooters and weapons before they permit shooters on the lanes. Top grade air circulation, baffles to prevent ricochets, etc...sounds like the major problem will be getting range time!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South

A shop owner I used to know in Terre Haute had a good story. Some punks come in with a magazine to a Sig. They say, this one is empty, we need to get a refill. He looked at them, took the mag, looked at it real close.

Hmmm.. He says. Do you have the pistol that this goes into. There are a few that are the same and it is hard to tell without the pistol. Sure they did. Brought it in from the car.

Oh, I may have some for this in the back. Called the Police from the back room with the serial and it was stoled a couple days before from a house robbery. You know you have a winner when they think there is a core charge on magazines, because they come loaded with ammo. :D

Top Bottom