• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll agree to boycott everything but their world’s greatest pepper. Otherwise I'm on board, but the pepper is non negotiable. Stuff is incredible.
    The company started by Jr’s mom and dad that is now run by his sister usually has the same or similar though it will have a different name. The parents shared all family recipes etc. with both kids.

Look and see if Spice House has your peppers. If you do not see them call and ask the owners or email them.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If you can afford to buy spices from specialty houses then the economy is not near as bad as some would have you believe!

Just shows my roots I guess. I would never even think to look for a spice "speciality" house.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    If you can afford to buy spices from specialty houses then the economy is not near as bad as some would have you believe!

Just shows my roots I guess. I would never even think to look for a spice "speciality" house.
    We buy all our spices at Sam’s or Costco, in bulk, for cheap, whatever the brand is. Good enough. Cook >90% of food at home. Can’t afford “specialty spice house” level of fancy, either :)

NoAdmiration

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I bought from them a few times and signed up for their mailing lest. I wanted coupons, I got unhinged political rants. I even emailed saying please just send me coupon and sales notification. No answer.

I now buy for our own local Nashville Spice Company. I don't know their politics, which is what I prefer.

I was glad when the local Penzey's in Louisville went out of business. The last time I went in, they asked me to put on a mask, I smiled politely and left.

I wont tell people who they should buy from. I'd only suggest you do what can to avoid supporting people who hate you.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

They are better spices and often cheaper than grocery spices…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I don't buy spices. I still have plenty of those salt/pepper shakers they used to have on the tables at McDonalds. Wonder why they stopped putting them out? :scratch:
    Emeril always said; I don’t know where you get you meat, but where I get mine it doesn’t come seasoned.

That is truth.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We had bought from the Penzeys catalog many times for 6 or 8 years. Then one catalog had a letter from the owner that was extremely offensive. Basically said that any customer that disagreed with the LGBT views of the owner were not welcome. The tone of the letter was so ignorant that if I was LGBT I would still not do business with them. I am surprised they are still in business.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We had bought from the Penzeys catalog many times for 6 or 8 years. Then one catalog had a letter from the owner that was extremely offensive. Basically said that any customer that disagreed with the LGBT views of the owner were not welcome. The tone of the letter was so ignorant that if I was LGBT I would still not do business with them. I am surprised they are still in business.

I think we had a thread on that. Or maybe it was the SJW thread

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I thought because I bought "Private Selection" at Kroger's that I was livin' the life :)
    You mean the 99 cent jars I get in that big bin at Walmart isn't living large? (I know it's probably now $2.99 or something, but y'all are old enough to remember the 99 cent bin)

Top Bottom