• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    anyone have one of these for the 4 legged friend?

palisades-tb.jpg

I found a medium for about 85 with shipping and a large for about 110 with shipping.

The one in the picture is the RuffWear Palisades dog pack. The bag comes off and the harness stays on or you can remove the whole unit as one. I kinda like it for my dog.....

thought...............

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i imagine this with veterinary supplies and a bag of dog food...then my stupid dog running in circles all day trying to get at the dog foor in the bag lol....

but in all serisousness this is pretty cool...for bob or otherwise

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I use Outward Hound for day trips so they are used to carrying weight. The good one is Mountain Smith. The harness is quite sturdy.

We had a good thread going over the summer on this. Lots of great ideas. I'm still just not happy with it.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    I stock up on flea/tick meds and dog food as well as other meds. Fleas and ticks would run rampant in shtf as well as rodents (got a good mouser cat too) Plus, ticks carry lyme.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    DEAL ALERT!!!!!

I would never spend this much on my dog, but I’d figure if SHTF he can carry his own S***. I looked at the Outward Hound pack and read some bad reviews. Like it slips to the side, making it hard to stay in place. Tearing up, harness clips not lasting long, etc etc.

I’ve read reviews on the Ruff Wear Palisades pack and all are positive. I just ordered one for Onyxz last Friday and should get it this week. The reason I like the Ruff Wear Palisades is because the pack comes off the harness. So, if you come to a resting area, you can remove the pack off the harness. On top of that, it has 2 water bladders and has a load of 18L (for the large size pack).

Another thing I bought my german shepherd was a Tazlab Bowl. I checked amazon and the bowl itself cost about $15-$18+ shipping. Well below I posted a link. I found the Tazlab bowl travel bag for about $10. Total was about 16+change, which was a REALLY REALLY REALLY great price and a steal!!!!

Usually when we go hiking, I bring a medium size bowl. But the bowl is too bulky and when he’s done drinking water, it gets my items wet inside my back pack. The Tazlab bowl folds and can easily be carried in his Ruff Wear Palisades dog pack. I read about other light weight foldable dog bowls, but the problem with them is that they are hard to clean. With the Tazlab, it’s made of rubber so it should be easy to clean.

Prices: The Ruff Wear Palisades pack NEW cost $124. Dick sporting goods had it online with 20% off at about 110 + shipping. I found a deal online that sells it for 98.19 + free shipping. A total of savings of $25.81.

The Tazlab bowls new cost about $15-$18. I found it on amazon for $10.80, and that is the bowl + water bottle + 20 cup food bag + water resistant water bag. Total of $16.38. I like the clip the food bag has. It can easily be attached to the top of the Ruff Wear harness or to my pack pack.

DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!

Palisades Pack Ii from Outdora
    Size : RUFF WEAR PALISADES PACK Large
    $98.19 1 $98.19
    Subtotal: $98.19
    Shipping: $0.00
    Tax: $0.00
    Total: $98.19

KEY FEATURES
    Three key features set this pack apart from other dog packs:
    1. removable saddlebags
    2. hydration bladders (2 bladders, each with 1L capacity)
    3. load compression (see More Info for details)
    4. Large Palisades has a 18L of capacity
    Balanced assistance handle helps lift dog up and over obstacles
    Space-efficient saddlebags with lightweight, streamlined, go-fast shape
    Weight-forward saddlebag design for ideal load-carrying position
    Trail-savvy details like coated zippers, high-visibility reflective trim, and external gear loops

ANOTHER!!!! DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!!-DEAL ALERT!!!!!-----DEAL ALERT!!!!-----
    Tazlab Travel Bag with Aqua Fur Bowl
    by Tazlab LLC
    Be the first to review this item
    List Price: $65.00
    Price: $10.80 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details

You Save: $54.20 (83%)

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I agree on the outward hound slipping, but it is lighter weight and the material "breathes" better than others I've seen. It works on a day trip, in town, or if you are going to be stopping a lot.

Let us know what you think of the Ruff Wear. I've heard good about them. I don't know if I would give up the Mountain Smith, but alternatives are nice.

chrstian_indy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    I agree on the outward hound slipping, but it is lighter weight and the material "breathes" better than others I've seen. It works on a day trip, in town, or if you are going to be stopping a lot.

Let us know what you think of the Ruff Wear. I've heard good about them. I don't know if I would give up the Mountain Smith, but alternatives are nice.

I'll make a youtube video of both the Tazlab bowl and the Ruff Wear pack this weekend. I hike with my dog off leash, I know he'll like carrying his own stuff.

One of the things i do not like about the pack is the color. I might mess with it a bit and put some camouflage duct tape on it. Make it look more manly :chuck:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I use color to spot which dog in the woods (both are black lab mixes) One get red the other green - in everything!

I'd like to see how it works and what the carrying capacity is like. I love playing with new stuff and about $100/dog is not bad for a good pack.

Top Bottom