• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    Just name her "Sic 'Em Girl". That way whenever she's defending the fam, you can call her name in attempt to stop the attack like a responsible citizen and still get the Couargous Restraint award....but really she'll know to keep going.

D.B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Avon
    Jessie, Gretchen, Daisey.....When we got our dog his name just kinda came to us on the ride home. He just looked like a Gus.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    how about STAY; come Stay, sit stay, but need another word for stay, mite confuse her -- out of everything I've seen above, I like RANGER best,

or AIRBORNE

but you need something to can shorten for you ham callsign; my dog is Tala, and my call is K9TLA...

-- Greg

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My first GSD's name was Kinder, German for child.

My current GSD's name is Nixie (a shinny penny for anyone who knows where that came from).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I'm horrible about coming up with names...

But I've read, and heard from several places, that whatever it is you name them, at least call them by a "two syllable name that tends to lilt upwards on the 2nd syllable".

Folks seem to think that the above combination tends to get and keep their attention just a little better, as well as not necessarily be confused with commands, which are generally 1 syllable words.

So, names like Milla, Elsa, Ruger, Ernie (my cat's name!), etc might be what you call them, but you can name them anything. For instance: Count Oliver von Fluffy-paws.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    well my wife thought i had settled on Athena, but i've decided not to go with that. Im leaning towards Darby. I appreciate all the help. Im still undecided. If i dont go with a name that was recomended here, i will still be giving the prize to the person with the best recomendation off here.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom