• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Please don't tell me that I am the only one who sees a problem with the man being charged 3 different times for 3 different descriptions of the SAME offense.
    i noticed the same thing. i got charged with 2 seperate counts of owi for the same non offense. i think they hope people are dumb enough to take a plea to one of the multiple same charges they slap on them.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    i noticed the same thing. i got charged with 2 seperate counts of owi for the same non offense. i think they hope people are dumb enough to take a plea to one of the multiple same charges they slap on them.

Prosecutors should be subject to disciplinary action for this nonsense.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    they should call it the nifong statute and put them behind bars where they belong.

It should be legislatures facing such consequences.

I have the perfect compromise! Both need to be punished as described--the prosecutor for doing it (while having the discretionary authority not to) and the legislators who support and make possible such nonsense, along with the governors who approve and sign the laws that permit it.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I have the perfect compromise! Both need to be punished as described--the prosecutor for doing it (while having the discretionary authority not to) and the legislators who support and make possible such nonsense, along with the governors who approve and sign the laws that permit it.
    Remind me, why did we quit Tarring and Feathering Politicians?! :dunno:

Lupin3rd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm thinking it went down something like this:

02_12_2008_pizzapizza.jpg

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Yes, police dogs are considered "officers" now. So even if that German Shepard who is clamping its jaws around your arm has the wrong guy, you better just sit there and let him cripple you.
    And people think we don't live in a "police state". Now, even animals are considered higher up than the rest of us.:noway:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Why does this seem the perfect place for a quote?

"Some animals are more equal than others." --Napoleon (G. Orwell)

Especially with a large portion of the political left, as evidenced by their disdain for such people as the poor white race, Christians, autodidacts, and successful small business owners.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    The article is ambiguous as to the nature of the charges of which the defendant was convicted. I would argue that he should not be held legally responsible for actions taken involving the dog outside the real of his consent or control. As far as i am concerned, this is no different than a situation of an officer confiscating a gun and then managing to shoot himself with it--the owner had no viable way to have prevented the incident.
    Except by not comitting a crime and carrying drugs?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

I can understand your point, but even the most unsympathetic character cannot be held responsible for what the police or their dogs do with his contraband after he no longer has control of it. It just doesn't wash to hold one person, even a criminal, responsible for the stupidity of the police and/or their critters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

But he's not merely being charged with the possession of those drugs. If someone takes a substance away from me, and I have no control over what he does with it and he hurts himself I have no responsibility for his ignorance. That goes double for dogs, as the animal's handler is the one responsible for its behavior.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom