• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    In my opinion, the best protest we can do now is recruiting more NRA members, more shooters, and writing letters/campaigning against those representitives/senators that voted for the anti gun bills.

At this point I see no reason to add fuel to a fire that we've seemingly made strides to put out, at least for now.

MemphisR32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Westfield
    Snizz that's my agreement also. I see this option as being very bad to our cause. Perhaps we also need to write these people and tell them not to try and pull this off.

reno

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Indiana
    This is not a good idea. Nothing good can come from this except some egos that are already out of check.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    It is illegal to OC or CC any firearm in DC. So why on earth would thi group attempt to march into DC with firearms? :dunno:

So if next month, our great gov. Decided to ban all firearms, would you turn yours in?

Yes, its illegal in DC to have a firearm on your persons. Don't mean people cant fight for their rights back. May not be the best way in your opinion or mine, but at least they are doing something about. Writing letters to your politicians dont always work. There is to much behind the scenes **** that happens, and anyone who really believe those letters work always are confused. Im not saying dont write, as I do also, but I know they will make law whatever they want law to be.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    If a permit is applied for and given to have an armed protest, I can see it. No permit, I can see it happenng and staying peaceful, but I can then see persons there ID'd and later charged with something.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    So if next month, our great gov. Decided to ban all firearms, would you turn yours in?

Apples and oranges.

How'd we get handgun licenses in Indiana?
    How'd we get suppressors for hunting legal in Indiana?

Through lobbying and presenting a rational AND LEGAL argument.

How did Ohio get a handgun license? Open carry rallies, which were legal as OC didn't require a license, and lobbying. Again, rational and legal arguments.

Given that more states have expanded gun rights than restricted them, and that EVERY crackdown at the federal level was defeated, I don't see the point in intentionally breaking the law when other LEGAL means have proven effective.

No, this is about stroking someone's ego more than gun owner's rights.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    Apples and oranges.

How'd we get handgun licenses in Indiana?
    How'd we get suppressors for hunting legal in Indiana?

Through lobbying and presenting a rational AND LEGAL argument.

How did Ohio get a handgun license? Open carry rallies, which were legal as OC didn't require a license, and lobbying. Again, rational and legal arguments.

Given that more states have expanded gun rights than restricted them, and that EVERY crackdown at the federal level was defeated, I don't see the point in intentionally breaking the law when other LEGAL means have proven effective.

No, this is about stroking someone's ego more than gun owner's rights.

Apples and oranges how?
    He was stating they shouldnt do nothing thats illegal, so I was asking if you would hand his guns over of they banned them in the USA. Which if he didn't, which I hope no one here would, he would be breaking the law.

Lobbying and rational and legal arguments dont always work. Sure, sometimes they do, they have to make it look like we have somewhat of a say on laws, but if you think this works everytime you are very wrong. I think what they are doing is great, and as for the ones saying for people to put their money where their mouths are. If everything works out, you better believe ill be there. ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS.

You really think this country would be as it is today if people just wrote letters to their politician's back in the day? Cmon now, sometimes things need to be taken back, they wont always be handed over to you.

Also, one more thing. When you write your gov. Next time, do me a favor, make multiple emails and see what happens. You will get the same sorry ass pre written BS on every response most of the time. How many of your emails do you think even get read?

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Somebody pleas tell these guys that this is not 1797. Marching on our Capitol City by an armed mob will not be tolerated and it should not be.
    The lame stream media is doing their level best to portray people who support the 2ed amendment as kooks who are to be feared and disarmed at all costs. This type of action will give them something to write about for years.
    If you know anybody who is seriously planning on joining this ill conceived venture
    PLEASE do your best to talk them out of it.
    Real change in this country can only happen at the ballot box. If you want to be part of the solution, find a good candidate and work to get him/her elected.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    well since its not 1797 i guess that means your 1a, 2a, 3a, 4a, etc. are also not valid hu?
    after all they are old right and from another time?
    :dunno:

Top Bottom