• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I am currently sitting here watching my dog run a marathon and making muffled barking noises at only god knows what, while she is laying on the floor crashed out asleep. I don't know what she's dreaming about but it looks like she is having a good time. She's got her legs a moving and just making her own little sounds.

Well I hope she's chasing squirrels and having a blast and not being chased by a big grizzly bear or something like that. Who knows?

Do your dogs ever do this, act out their dreams that is?

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    look that up on youtube. there is a good one of a dog doing just that and then he suddenly wakes up and takes off running into a wall:D it's great!

My dogs do the same thing your describing.

mmills50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Mine does the same thing. Or lay on her back spread eagle and chew lightly on her front paws. Not enough to hurt or I think she would wake up.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I've got two Pekingese that often fall asleep in my office with me. It would be rare for them NOT to start barking/running in their sleep which is weird because they hardly ever bark while awake.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    If my Lab isn't snoring so loud that she vibrates the windows, then she is yelping and woofing and running and scratching at the floor while she sleeps.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    my st bernard does it, its kinda noisy sometimes those are some big legs floppin around. he just turned a year old in december and seems to do it less that when he was a "puppy"

jake

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Our Cairn Terrier exhibits this behavior regularly. Ge will run, twitch, growl woof, stick his tongue out, and move his ears like 2 small antennas. It is quite amusing to watch.
    Mayflower Dog Show February 13, and 14th. Cheer on your favorite breeds.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    look that up on youtube. there is a good one of a dog doing just that and then he suddenly wakes up and takes off running into a wall:D it's great!

My dogs do the same thing your describing.

I laugh every time I see it!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2BgjH_CtIA[/ame]

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I had a cat one time that fell asleep on the bed with her legs against my thigh. She started dreaming like that, and suddenly launched herself against the wall and wound up wedged between the wall and mattress with her feet up, a terrified look on her face, and heart rate in the millions. Took a minute to calm her down.

El Guero

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    Nw Indiana
    yep dogs dream, my dog some times run and some times cry, some times bark, so iguess has to dot with the type of dream he is having, but some times is no fun when he start barking 3 am while he still sleep and wake me up, if i touch him he stop.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    ^^^ OMG, you've got to watch the Bizkit video!

Oh yeah, our's was adopted at about 12 mos. old from a county humane society. Some of her wild times crop up in her sleep.
    :ar15:

Buckshot0814

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    It's funny that I saw and read this post right when my lab started doing this very thing it's hilarious to watch them act out their dreams and it does make you wonder what they are dreaming about

Top Bottom