• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • disengaged

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Madison County
    I like to stop in at the local gun shop fairly often to browse and talk to the owner/other customers. This is the first time that I had ever witnessed anything like this...

A young guy (maybe 25 - pants sagging down) walks in and tells the owner that he needs a 'clip'.
    The owner asks, "For what type of gun?"
    The guy responds, "I don't know."
    The owner, "Well, let me see it."
    The guy, "I don't have it with me." Then proceeds to pull a magazine from his pocket and hand it to him.
    The owner, "You have a Taurus PT145", digs around a bit and hands him a magazine.
    The guy, "I need some bullets."
    The owner, "What type?"
    The guy, "I don't know."
    The owner, "For target shooting?"
    The guy, "Naw."
    The owner sets down a box of hollow points and out the door he goes.

I asked the owner if that happened very often and he said, "All the time, and they never seem to have the gun."

That entire scene has been bugging me - Anyone else?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I like to stop in at the local gun shop fairly often to browse and talk to the owner/other customers. This is the first time that I had ever witnessed anything like this...

A young guy (maybe 25 - pants sagging down) walks in and tells the owner that he needs a 'clip'.
    The owner asks, "For what type of gun?"
    The guy responds, "I don't know."
    The owner, "Well, let me see it."
    The guy, "I don't have it with me." Then proceeds to pull a magazine from his pocket and hand it to him.
    The owner, "You have a Taurus PT145", digs around a bit and hands him a magazine.
    The guy, "I need some bullets."
    The owner, "What type?"
    The guy, "I don't know."
    The owner, "For target shooting?"
    The guy, "Naw."
    The owner sets down a box of hollow points and out the door he goes.

I asked the owner if that happened very often and he said, "All the time, and they never seem to have the gun."

That entire scene has been bugging me - Anyone else?

Nope not at all, nothing in your post said the guy was doing anything illegal.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Probably pretty typical of our society. Most people go through life completely unaware of what is going on around them. He has a gun... that is about it. Probably doesn't know how to use it either. But by gawd, he has one and can wave it around with the best of them. That's what makes them sheep.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    He was wasn't doing anything illegal but you can kind of get the drift that maybe he was a gang banger. Sadley they can keep and bear arms also.

Big John

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Don's???

Was in a shop in South Gary once when a young man such as you described came in wanting to by a clip because he needed more bullets, the owner told him"there in back hold on" I watched him grab a magazine and a box of rounds and come back with a loaded magazine.

After he sold the "clip" the young guy says "Yo man pitch this fo me aight" Needless to say a bought a slightly used 9mm Beretta mag for $10 after he left.

I asked the owner if this happensall the time, he said "Yep I make so much money off people who have bought guns loaded off the street and are to stupid to realize magazines are reloadable."

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Don's???

Was in a shop in South Gary once when a young man such as you described came in wanting to by a clip because he needed more bullets, the owner told him"there in back hold on" I watched him grab a magazine and a box of rounds and come back with a loaded magazine.

After he sold the "clip" the young guy says "Yo man pitch this fo me aight" Needless to say a bought a slightly used 9mm Beretta mag for $10 after he left.

I asked the owner if this happensall the time, he said "Yep I make so much money off people who have bought guns loaded off the street and are to stupid to realize magazines are reloadable."
    this is just sad.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    No the young man is not doing anything illegal and there is nothing to suggest he is. But... yes that these stories do bother me. I am guilty of profiling I guess. Besides it is hard to keep the holster secure when you aren't wearing a belt and your pants hang down showing your boxers.

.30 Cal Al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    Hi

Count me in the, "A Rebel Without a Clue," camp.

So what if he doesn't know anything about his firearm. He doesn't know how to pull his pants up, either, right?

Beside, if everyone who did this kind of nonsense were a criminal, the crime rate would be lots higher.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Many of my "scruffy" looking friends are the straightest guys you'll ever meet.

After having worked with the public for a long time, I can say that I've changed my mind about folks with piercings and tats. Some of them are the salt of the earth. That being said, behavior is still a tip-off to a person's character or lack thereof. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...most times it is a duck.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    That being said, behavior is still a tip-off to a person's character or lack thereof. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...most times it is a duck.
    Oh crap! Ducks are carrying guns now? That one I hit a few months ago with a buzz bait will probably be waitin for me this spring. I better find a new lake.:D

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    I heard one baggy pants dude ask for "Holey Point" bullets. When asked what caliber, he looked puzzled and said "Better gimme 9mm and fotay caliber."
    I would imagine he'll know the answer next time he buys ammo for HIS pistol.:cool:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...most times it is a duck.

And don't forget, Sometimes ugly ducklings just grow up to be ugly ducks(not swans).

Yes stuff like this bothers me. A lot. Do the store clerks know it's going to be used in a crime? No. They may be as sure as sure can be, but they don't know it. And i guess not knowing is all it takes.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    Oh crap! Ducks are carrying guns now? That one I hit a few months ago with a buzz bait will probably be waitin for me this spring. I better find a new lake.:D
    and it is not just the ducks you have to watch out for...:D

picture.php

Top Bottom