Does this look dangerous to anyone else?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    I have had one of those holsters for over a year for my P3AT. It is not dangerous. In fact, it's less dangerous than carrying with one of the silver clips. The trigger is exposed in both of those scenarios, but a little more protected in the holster pictured above. This is meant for those pocket gun with very heavy, double action only triggers.

Also, like any holster, you should practice. I could retrieve mine just as quickly as I could with an IWB holster. No issues at all once you practice a bit.

I've been carrying a 9mm IWB now, but I keep my P3AT and that holster for times when IWB won't do.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A guy at the 1500 sells something similar to this. I was buying a pocket holster for my LCP from him and he was trying to sell me on that thing. There was no way I was buying something with an exposed trigger to put in my pocket.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    They must have hired some of the guys who designed the Serpa holster.

Sadly you can't practice with the same level of adrenaline you get when under stress and fear. There is no such thing as 100% safe in anything anywhere in the world.

My nuts see that holster and they say no. So does my brain.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Plus, let's not forget that our Glock friends tell us that real safeties aren't needed - use your brain and don't pull the trigger. Seems to me if it applies there, it applies to this. If not, well, you tell 'em.

I got robbed at gunpoint in the IVY Tech parking lot across from the Children's Museum in Indy.
    Clearly I am more familiar than you are with both Glocks and that area of Indy.

I don't carry or retrieve any gun by the trigger and I don't even drive through that area without a gun, and I drove it daily for years and years!

Regardless of pocket holster choice, put a gun in your strong hand front pocket and carry your keys in your weakhand pocket with a money clip. Toss them out and and low to your left (or weakhand) towards bad guy. That will draw bad guys eyes to the money. Draw with your strong hand, then enjoy the museum!

A few years ago I conditioned myself to always carry and pocket my keys in my weakhand side pocket. It took about a year to fully recondition myself to do it EVERY day, every time.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    id rather have my weapon easily accessable on my belt instead of trying to pull out of my pocket...but each is to his own opinon
    Likewise, I'd like to be able to walk around and have my weapon already in my hand so I don't have to worry about drawing, but there are certain levels of appropriateness demanded by different situations.

This holster gives another option for those that are trying to determine the level of appropriateness for their situation and then prepare for it.

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I've been carrying this one for a few years, it's probably dangerous too.

003.jpg

Top Bottom