• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A mother is accused of driving high and causing a crash that killed her son was sentenced Monday.

She was sentenced to 18 months probation, her drivers license and vehicle registration is revoked for 6 months.

She pleaded guilty to weed possession and two child restraint violations.

So let me get this right, she was high, caused a wreck that KILLED her son and she gets off with a slap on the wrist. Her actions resulted in her son's death, and she gets probation.

:dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mixed feelings on this one. On one hands, it seems light, very light, but on the other my guess is that she is dealing with punishment far beyond what the state has available to impose and will for the rest of her life. The unfortunate truth is that the stupid typically don't think things through in advance.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Mixed feelings on this one. On one hands, it seems light, very light, but on the other my guess is that she is dealing with punishment far beyond what the state has available to impose and will for the rest of her life. The unfortunate truth is that the stupid typically don't think things through in advance.

I completely agree, dealing with the lose of a child would be hard enough but knowing the lose of their life is a result of your actions would be horrible to live with. But IMO the punishment from a legal standpoint is a complete waste.

Her actions resulted in death, what about negligent homicide? Driving under the influence and causing an accident resulting in death?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    was she high on weed at the time or just in possession? if she was intoxicated at the time of the accident, i've seen people get 20 years for killing a passenger or other victim with blood alc. under .08 or just at it

got a link?

Last edited:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Well its a woman.. if it eould have been me or you we would have been made an example of.

I know a girl who was .16 bac and made someone a quad. And only got sentenced to a yr.. that person then died she served 6 months in lock up.. and probably is out there driving again...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Marion County I assume? If so, I'm far from surprised. She'll likely violate her probation by coming up hot on drug screens about 18 times and nothing will come of it. There is precious little deterrent for criminals here.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    A mother is accused of driving high and causing a crash that killed her son was sentenced Monday.

She was sentenced to 18 months probation, her drivers license and vehicle registration is revoked for 6 months.

She pleaded guilty to weed possession and two child restraint violations.

So let me get this right, she was high, caused a wreck that KILLED her son and she gets off with a slap on the wrist. Her actions resulted in her son's death, and she gets probation.

:dunno:

How do you know she was high? Having pot on you =/= being high.

Her punishment is way, way too light, but not because she had a plant in the car...It was too light because she's a ****ing idiot and didn't have her kids properly buckled into the car (two child restraint violations).

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'd like to see a link to the story. Like Benny said, possession doesn't equal high. I'd think the prosecutor would have hammered her on that and the death if it were the case.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    She was stupid to not have her kids in their restraints, but wow. She had an accident on snow and ice, tragically lost a child and you want her sent away for life. Depriving the surviving child of its mother. Aren't there enough people in jail? I hope she learns and gets her head out of her ass.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    She was stupid to not have her kids in their restraints, but wow. She had an accident on snow and ice, tragically lost a child and you want her sent away for life. Depriving the surviving child of its mother. Aren't there enough people in jail? I hope she learns and gets her head out of her ass.

Snow and ice? Do tell.

She was intoxicated and made a fatal mistake...You're fine with absolutely ZERO jail time? "Wow" backatcha.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I would consider that punishment light for driving as a woman....

On a more serious note - taking into account the fact that her child was killed, I fail to see how she got off light...

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If she was truly DUI, then she got off "light" the legal way. The legal system cannot give her a punishment that's harsher than what she's already dealing with.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Snow and ice? Do tell.

She was intoxicated and made a fatal mistake...You're fine with absolutely ZERO jail time? "Wow" backatcha.
    There were links to the original stories. She was never charged for DUI, it was dealing.
    Mother charged in crash that killed son - fox59.com

Mom accused of driving high, killing son appears in court - fox59.com

Scott, 18, has been charged with dealing in marijuana and possession of marijuana. She has also been charged with two felony counts of child restraint system violations.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    There were links to the original stories. She was never charged for DUI, it was dealing.
    Mother charged in crash that killed son - fox59.com

Mom accused of driving high, killing son appears in court - fox59.com

Did not see the attachments to the previous story, Thanks for pointing that out. But it still does NOT change my stance in regards to the punishment she received. I understand that her surviving son needs his mother, but so did her deceased son. He needed his mother to provide for him and keep him safe.
    The original story stated that when the police interviewed her at the hospital thet could smell the residue of burnt weed. She agreed to blood and urine test at that time. I wonder why her results were not made public. Do you think she will be charged in a different case for the felonies? The report states that over 200 grams of weed and a digital scale was recovered. I wonder what happened to the vehicle she hit head on? Were they injured or killed? I wonder what their thoughts would be in regards to her punishment? I wonder what my thoughts would be if it were my family in the car she hit head on? It is a lose all around for her, her surviving son, her deceased son, and the occupants (if any) of the other vehicle. But I think that the punishment did NOT fit the crime that was commited. :twocents:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    maybe she should have been hung?

she chose to get high and drive. being high/drunk and driving and killing someone is murder not manslaughter, not an accident thats all douche baggery

jake

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    It goes to show she shouldn't be reproducing if she does crap like this endangering her children's life, now one less of her offspring will be in this world. Of course not every child will grow and follow in their parents footsteps.

Top Bottom