Does the manufacture date of a gun matter?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Should I try to get a P226 stainless elite with the newest manufacture date I can, or is it not really important/doesnt matter at all?

Is a few months difference a big deal? For example, I can get a new stainless elite p226 with a really recent manufacture date if i wait a bit (out of stock at the site I prefer), or I can wait and get one now, which might have an older (probably a few months difference) manufacture date.

I'm pretty new to all this gun stuff so I'm trying to see if newer = better like it does with a lot of todays stuff.
    It depends on why you want the newest date... It sounds like you think that the newer it is, the better it is..... That is not the case with most guns. Look at Hk as an example. My USP from 95', is the same as my USP I bought new two years ago with the small difference of the catch and hammer, whitch, doesn't change a thing. They are basically the same gun, and work the same. Now round count is important, and that is where buying used is a real issue. You can however pick up older used guns with lower round counts, don't pass on those deals. Buying new isn't what it's all cracked up to be if you are buying good guns.

spyder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    When it comes to Sigs (IMHO lest I appear "testy") I look more for a "born where place" rather than a "born on date".

I like the ones with "W. Germany" on the slide.
    This is another good piece of advice. Where it was made is also a factor.

Top Bottom