Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I say do it INGO/Fenway. We may not be as big as some of the sites on the list, but we are a voice of the people. I think I can live without INGO for one day.

Speak for yourself!!!!

I dont get the point of the "black out." Is it supposed to change peoples mind somehow?

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Speak for yourself!!!!

I dont get the point of the "black out." Is it supposed to change peoples mind somehow?

If every single website had a blackout and pointed you to another website to petition the bills or how you can contact your congressmen, I could see where that would most definitely be a huge advantage for those who oppose the two bills.

It would also at least get people to realize the impact that SOPA will have on the Internet and you as a person.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If every single website had a blackout and pointed you to another website to petition the bills or how you can contact your congressmen, I could see where that would most definitely be a huge advantage for those who oppose the two bills.

It would also at least get people to realize the impact that SOPA will have on the Internet and you as a person.

I can see how it would be beneficial to have a link to contact your congressman up instead of a black screen.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    I work at the firehouse for 24 hours starting at 0700 tomorrow morning. If INGO is blacked out, somebody better light somethin' on fire or I will go crazy. A whole day without INGO:eek::runaway:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Join the protest INGO. I support the black out, if nothing else it makes a statement.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Im for ingo joining the protest.

Sopa and Pipa could definely hit ingo. If users started posting 3rd party content to the site then .gov could order ingo black listed by ISP's (no due process and no chance appeal)

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I'm joining the petition for INGO joining the petition against SOPA....

But seriously, I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I would 100% support this for INGO. I'm personally posting it all on my social network sites and other media formats..

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    To think of all the college kids today that cannot do their term papers b/c Wikipedia is down. They will scream "this is criminal, akin to a denial of service attack! Government, where are you to save us from going to the evil library!?" :D

BTW: To the firefighter: My dog told me to burn things today. Told me Charter Arms .44 Bulldogs are for chumps, grab a zippo... :D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    To think of all the college kids today that cannot do their term papers b/c Wikipedia is down. They will scream "this is criminal, akin to a denial of service attack! Government, where are you to save us from going to the evil library!?" :D

BTW: To the firefighter: My dog told me to burn things today. Told me Charter Arms .44 Bulldogs are for chumps, grab a zippo... :D

Wikipedia still works in other languages so kids that study foreign languages can still do their homeworks.
    Or you can use Google translate if you are not affraid of getting weird translations of the articles in foreign languages. :):

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ... does SOPA impact any intellectual property here on INGUN ?? Or are we talking a "just in case" scenario??

Yes. Under the propsed bills anyone can complain that someone else is using copright material to the .gov. The .gov would then force the website that has the copyright material on it to shut down while an investigation occurs.

In this thread alone anyone can come along and complain to the .gov that the following user avatars are in violation of copyright law.

• fire259
    • topdog
    • Mr. JAG
    • The Meach
    • Disposable Heart
    • Jedi (as LEGO did not approve the custom figure that I made and LucasFilms holds the copyright for all Star Wars stuff)
    As such INGO would have to shut down and wait for the lawsuit that will occur even though INGO did not have anything to do with those users using copyright material.

-Jedi

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I support a blackout today as well. If this legislation passes, INGO will just be a fond memory. As Jediagh said, a good portion of members' avatars would put Fenway at risk.

Top Bottom