Do your wives Own guns or go Hunting with you ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wives with Guns

My wife has several of her own guns. The first is a Charter Arms Undercover 38. snubby that she has had for almost 20 yrs and qualified with ( outshooting a lot of males who had to reshoot ) at a Louisiana Concealed Weapons Course in 1997. She also has a Beretta 21a she bought at a Laff. Gunshow. A Colt Commando 38 spl. snubby that she extorted from me. A Colt cadet 22lr. she bought at the last Kokomo gunshow we attended together. She used to shoot a lot with me a lot but she seldom has the time anymore. She is still a very good shot.

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    My wife wouldn't even let our kids play with toy guns a few years ago... I took her shooting once and she was hooked... She now has her LTCH and has a LCP and a P22 and wants a G26... The 8 and 10 yo girls now have cxricketts and the 15 yo boy has a 12Guage and is building an AR with me... She has come a long way... She still has no interest in hunting...

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    My wife hates guns with a passion!

Every time I open the safe, she makes some negative remark about taking out any of the guns. When she comes home and sees any of my guns laying about, she immediately asks.. "What's THAT doing out of the safe".

You would think that after 30+ years of having guns around the house, hunting, dogs, etc. she'd be used to it by now.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I just purchased my first handgun, my wife is terrified of it. She fully intends to take the NRA Basic Pistol class after our son is born this summer but until then she never wants my XD out of the safe unless I am heading to the range...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    My wife owns just as many guns as I do, and loves them.

She has her EDC (FNX-9) and an LCP for conceal, and a mosin, and a 12ga pistol grip shotgun. Oh, and a .22 rifle, and I'm probably forgetting some.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Oh yeah!

My wife owns several guns, has a lifetime LTCH, and carries a LCP most of the time. She's an avid prairie dog slayer with a CZ 527 in .204 and a Howa 1500 SV in .223. She also has a 24" AR in .204 and a 10/22 magnum converted to .17 HMR which make the p dog trips now and then. She is apparently a rattlesnake magnet (not a comment on our marriage ;)) and carries a Judge in the field for such encounters. She also outshoots me regularly! :dunno:

I don't really consider prairie doggin' to be "hunting" but the reactive targets are cool!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wife has a .22 pistol, but she let her LTCH expire a few years ago, and keeps putting off going and getting a new one. I would like to take her shooting with me, but she has already said she will not fire the .44 magnum or M44. I usually use a range trip as my time away from my wife, as I don't really do anything else without her aside from work, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately, as a way to get her into it more and get more guns, with less hassle.

Top Bottom