Do your wives Own guns or go Hunting with you ??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    How many guys have wives that own their own gun, and how many guys have wives that will go hunting with them ?..... My wife owns her own S&W 9MM, and her own Mossberg 500 , and a Remington 22LR with a scope. I also just bought her a new Mathews Bow and I just started to teach her to shoot as well. I feel very lucky to have a wife that enjoys guns and hunting. I wanted to post a Picture of her big 8 point buck she took on her first hunting trip, But I cant post pics for some reason. I do have the picture on my profile if you want to check it out. Of all of my hunting buddys, none of their wives like guns or will even think about going hunting, So I am just curious if your wives or girlfriends do.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    How many guys have wives that own their own gun, and how many guys have wives that will go hunting with them ?..... My wife owns her own S&W 9MM, and her own Mossberg 500 , and a Remington 22LR with a scope. I also just bought her a new Mathews Bow and I just started to teach her to shoot as well. I feel very lucky to have a wife that enjoys guns and hunting. I wanted to post a Picture of her big 8 point buck she took on her first hunting trip, But I cant post pics for some reason. I do have the picture on my profile if you want to check it out. Of all of my hunting buddys, none of their wives like guns or will even think about going hunting, So I am just curious if your wives or girlfriends do.

My wife don't care for guns or the outdoors:(:(:(

jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    The only thing my wife likes hunting is bargans when she goes shopping. It would be nice to share the love of the outdoors with my wife, but it was not to be. Her idea of roughing it is no room service.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    My long time girlfreind, owns the P226 in my avatar, an 870 and a 16ga. SxS (her granny clampet)... She is not into hunting, but she does like shooting/ trap shooting and fishing, so I figure it is a good medium.

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Wife and I both own guns, long and hand. Daughters are excellent shots, one hunts primarily with bow and black powder, but does have a good coyote rifle and husband that hunts. For about the past six years, my valentine's gift to my wife is a handgun. Who wants flowers that die? Oh, yes, wife hunts also. But as a growing young family, we shot thousands of rounds of 22 each summer plinking on our farm.

gunsrfun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    my wife and I are planning a prairie dog hunt with her family. Her sister is getting everything set up. Plus my wife is getting her own gun for the trip.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    My wife has a .22 rifle, a .38 revolver, and a 20ga shotgun. She loves to go shooting and has expressed interest in hunt but I haven't taken her, yet. She also claims my XD9sc as her own. I told her when she buys me a bi-tone XD45 Tactical she can have the 9

Squirrel Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Both wife and daughter hunt with me several times a year. Nothing like following a good squirrel dog with your family along on a nice afternoon hunt.

Brick House

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Plainfield IN.
    Whe I met my wife 15 years ago, she had never fired a gun , and knew nothing about hunting, but she was open minded, and tried shooting first, and loved it, but it took me a while to get her to go hunting, but when she finally gave in and went she harvested a nice 8 point her first time out, and has been TOTALLY hooked since that day. It has definately given us a stronger bond and has made our marriage much better.

Last edited:

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    The Shootist!

My wife had two pistols (revolvers, a Rossi stainless.38 and a LLama.22) when I met her and now has a third, a G26 that is her EDC. She is not into hunting but she is also not into being intimidated!! :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'd say about a third of the collection is "mine" in some way, shape, or form. And, back when we had a life, we hunted together, but not so much anymore (by that I mean neither of us hunt). I'd hazard a guess that I enjoy it more than he, and when we pick it up again, it will be due to my efforts.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    my girlfriend doesn't own or shoot guns. she does go hunting with me alot and shoots her bow. she had planned on bow hunting with me last year but a bun in the oven got in the way:rockwoot:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Wife has her own guns and hunts, doesn't like really cold weather though. She hunts off the back porch on those days.:)

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    My wife has a 9mm subcompact, and carries it sometimes.(I wish she would carry it more) But she really enjoys shooting at the range with me.( as long as the weather cooperates). It's kinda like a "range date" when we go together.......The family that shoots together, stays together! :):

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    My wife is a heck of a hunter. Her closets are all full of clothes, all the other storage spaces in the house and garage are full of home decorations that she has hunted down over the years.
    She does not own a weapon except for some cheap pepper spray. She used to shoot a little and a long time ago I talked her into getting her LTCH which she got and then let it expire.
    I am currently working on her to get her LTCH and start shooting again.
    Wish me kuck with that.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I own guns but I don't hunt with my husband. Someone has to stay on the farm and do the livestock chores everyday. Hubby fishes, I sometimes go along, but I don't fish, I sun bathe and read.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    My wife goes ATV riding with me & all she does is complain about the mud, bugs, snake, no place for her to use a bathroom, it's too hot, she takes all the fun out of the GREAT OUTDOORS

Top Bottom