• Do you use an umbrella?

• Total voters

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    With all the rain we've been getting the last week. And all the rain we're gonna get this week. I was wondering, who uses an umbrella? Who doesn't use an umbrella?

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    I dont. Sometimes I'll go with a hat of some sort, but thats about it.

Also, the Mythbusters proved that running through the rain gets you wetter than walking through it. Just thought I'd add that.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I think about this a lot; my mother and father were blue collar workers, we NEVER had an umbrella - never used them.

Now I have 2, one in the truck - one in the office, use them all of the time. My sister made the comment " get the umbrella, don't want to ruin your fancy shoes " :mad:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Only if I'm in the bleachers for an hour or so.
    If it's way longer...then a poncho.
    If it's just a sprint from vehicle to building...nothing.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I marked no since that is the answer the majority of the time for me. However, I do have one at home, one in the car, etc., and will use them if I am outside for a while.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I use an umbrella. I also zip up my coat and wear earmuffs when it's cold outside. I learned a LONG time ago that I'd much rather be comfortable than worry about whether I look dorky or not.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    umbrella-corp-t5-shade.jpg

The only Umbrella any of you will ever need.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I voted no but not because I'd rather be wet. My job requires me to go back and forth to my vehicle often and I'm usually carrying stuff so wearing a hat is just a lot easier for me.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    No. Never. My hair is already jacked up by the moisture if it's raining...no need to worry about it! :) Callie on the other hand uses an umbrella and it's ADORABLE.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It took me a few years to mature to the point of appreciating the marvel that is called "umbrella" as well. I guess it's the only "good thing" I have to say about golf.

I was a young guy with wet hair, wet cloths, wet feet, head down plodding every time it rained with glasses I could barely see through. But I was stylish, way too cool for an umbrella.:rolleyes:

Then a few guys I worked with showed up from lunch with brand new "Allison" umbrellas. WTF do you want with those? I soon learned there was quite a deal on those golf umbrellas at the company store and I thought why not.

It was like the clouds parted and His light shown down on my dry head, dry shirt, my feet warm and cozy despite the cold wet misery of all around me. I was a changed person, a smarter, wiser man. I had left childhood behind and childish things like wet stringy hair in my face were in the past as I became a man and gained sense enough to come in out of the rain.

Top Bottom