• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I tip pretty much anyone i should, barbers, servers, etc. Took my gun in to get some stuff done and wondered if i should tip the guy workin on it. So what say you?

rphutchi

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 11, 2011
    I have not had a lot of work done but the gunsmith I have used has been receiving FFL for multiple guns and does not charge for additional transfers after the first one. The last transfer I took a collection of imported adult beverages as a thank you.

Leggdpms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Jeffersonville
    I've only had to use a gun smith once and that was to replace my gas tube and gas block on my AR and yea I have him an extra 20 bucks and told him to put it in his pocket because he was going to do the work for nothing since I had a new black gas tube and also smaller gas block. I figure it's kinda like tipping your bar tender lol if you don't then you will get ****ty service plus your drink won't be as strong lol

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    My gunsmith is Jerry Johnson. He is my friend. He is my mentor. When I give him 50 bucks for a 20 dollar job, I don't consider it a tip.

He never wants for doughnuts or coffee when he is doing something for me.

It is more than business for us both. He takes pride when I do well with a rifle that he built for me. We are partners.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    If i am paying and paying well for a service i don't tip (except waiters and the like). If they go above and beyond or do me a favor on something that they didn't have to do i will make sure they know it was appreciated.

Top Bottom